Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt Berlin Rant

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2016, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Sixt Berlin Rant

Just making a rant thread about my rental from Sixt Berlin Ku'damm. Anyways, I had a LWAR rental reserved for a week. I was assigned a 2016 Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI which was decently equipped.

Issue #1: I was given the wrong keys. Not a big deal but I did waste about 15 minutes in figuring out that the keys were for another A6 Avant and to trudge down 4 floors to the rental office.

Issue #2: Once I got the right keys, I started the car to find a warning of an underinflated tire. Since I had to rush to Poznan and as I couldn't locate a lot attendant, I filled the tire with air later.

Issue #3: The 1,000km AdBlue left warning flashed a while after I crossed the Polish border. This is an issue as the car won't restart if it runs out of AdBlue. This also meant that the there was only about 1,200km of AdBlue, definitely not enough for a week rental, left when the car was rented which should have been checked by Sixt. Finding AdBlue was a pain in Poland. I couldn't get it from Sixt at Poznan airport. I tried buying some from a gas station for 3 Euros a litre but couldn't find the AdBlue filling kit in the Audi. I finally was able to get 7l of it at a VW dealer in Kielce for 50 Euros and waited for nearly an hour.

Issue #4: While waiting at the dealer, I rechecked the rental contract and it said 2,100km included. I checked my online reservation confirmation and it said unlimited kms!

All in all, I'm out 53 Euros (which I expect to be compensated for), have a litre of AdBlue of no use, wasted several hours getting the car roadworthy, and still have to argue with Sixt to rectify my rental agreement.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Apparently, I was 87 minutes late in picking up my car and Sixt only guarantees a rate for 60 minutes. As such, I was switched to a 2,100km limit from unlimited and went about 600km over as a result. They seemed to have decided to charge me about half the regular overage mileage rate for a total of about 72 Euros extra. The 50 Euros for the AdBlue was credited without incident. Paying 72 Euros extra for an originally unlimited rate plan is ridiculous as it'll just encourage people to use another rental agency if they're over 60 minutes late.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.