Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Ipad left in Sixt vehicle on returning -- missing.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Can anybody help me or advice me on the following (sorry for the long story):

2 weeks ago I rented a Volvo V40 in Paris from Sixt at Airport Orly.

When returning the car in the morning (8am, office opened 7am) there were several cars returned (waiting to be taken for cleaning) and there was only 1 guy who looked a bit lost receiving the cars. He scanned the car, fuel, etc signed it off and said I could go on my way.

Me and my girl drove through the night, so when collecting our belongings we were a bit tired and overlooked the Ipad (in a leather custom case wedge in between the center console and seat, you will normally notice it).

We walked to the airport and went through customs. About an hour after returning we noticed that the Ipad was missing and we immediately knew it was left in the car. I went back through customs, to the rental desk in the airport and asked them if the Ipad was found. They made calls to the return office, but said nothing was found. They asked me to wait, but after 2 more calls without success I said I will go and look myself (stupid me, I should have gone there immediately). Once I arrived at the return office (10 min walk, about 930am) my car was not in the line anymore (the other cars were still there) and another guy was just parking it, freshly cleaned and washed.

I looked through the entire car, but no Ipad. The new guy tried to be extremely 'helpful' and told me he will look everywhere and do everything he can to get the Ipad back, not too worry, because they always return if they find anything in the car. I wanted to go to the cleaning station, but it was a 5 min drive away and I had a plane I had to catch. He gave me his phone number and said he will look everywhere, he suggested if I could look again in my luggage...

When I went back to my flight it was delayed, so I stayed longer in contact with him over the phone and he kept telling me he looked everywhere and he will look again (it got very frustrating at this point). When boarding I called him several times, but no answer anymore of this friendly employee, also no response to messages. When I arrived back in NY I called again, but no response.

I called the customer service (in France) and filed a complaint, they said that they couldn't do anything but they would notify the branch in Orly and have them follow up with me. This is now 3 days later and still no call from Sixt Orly or anybody else.

The Ipad is turned off so it doesn't show in find my Iphone.
What can I do, who can I reach out to??
Anybody else experience with items being left in the rentalcar and how to get them back?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Similar experience except it happened to me at National in SJC.

Unfortunately, the best way to track it down is for the car to be returned to the lot and hope nobody stole it. We got our iPad back after the car was returned, but in between, nothing could be done. Depending on the manager, they may be able to call the driver by tracing the specific car, but YMMV.

Hope you find it! I would reach out to the branch manager directly or PM SixtCSR on here.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 2:35 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

We are sorry you have lost your Ipad.

I will do what i can to help. Please can you send the reservation number to me in a private message. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards
Gary
Old Apr 26, 2016, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately the SixtCSR couldn't do anything but tell me that the branche did not find my iPad (I knew that already) and I should ask the airport if they found anything...

By calling I don't get into contact with the branch directly and I won't get any calls back.. Any other social media I could try to get any better feedback from Sixt?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.