Search

Sixt - San Diego

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:13 pm
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Sixt - San Diego

I read a lot of bad things on this forum about SIXT and I just wanted to make a little post about my experience.

I had booked a PCAR with sixt back in Feb for just last week and got a fantastic rate, I think it was $147 for 7 days.

Upon arriving at the rental car place in San diego I arrived at a near empty office. I was assisted by a nice lady who helped me and confirmed everything for me. She did not even try to hard sell me at all, just asked me once about everything.

After that she called for my car and informed me that they only had a Volvo for me, I did ask if they had any of the BMW,Audi's or Merc's free, she did inform me that as I was a San Diego native and renting in San diego, I qualified for a different group of cars, a lower spec it seemed.

It seemed a bit odd to me, and I asked if there was anything I could do so i could take a nicer car and not the Volvo. She went away and spoke with her manager and came back and went over some additional paper work with me and said that they would be able to offer my a 3 series BMW, great consider I had booked a 2 series.

I went with that car, had a great road trip with it around California and returned the car, the drop off process was easy and the return invoice correct. My credit card statement cleared a few days ago and the amount was spot on.

So overall, I did have a very nice experience with Sixt in San Diego.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: frequent flyer, airline cards
I recently rented a mini SUV (Chevy Trax I think) in Fort Lauderdale from a city office, not the airport. The rental was seamless. I later added two extra days by phone and was not charged anything beyond the original rate quoted at rental. The car was brand new and quite fun to drive and had loads of room (I was moving that wknd). I wouldn't say Sixt has the best rates, but it was good value for the money ($35/day for a last minute rental), and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would rent from them again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.