Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt DTW

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP75K, National EE,Hertz PC,Marriott Platnium,Hilton Diamond
Sixt DTW

Hi! I have an upcoming PCAR reservation at Sixt DTW. I status matched to platinum. I arrive on a Tuesday around 2:30pm. I am wondering what my choices may be

This will be my first rental with Sixt wanting to try something different.

All help is much appreciated!
Old Jun 20, 2015, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP75K, National EE,Hertz PC,Marriott Platnium,Hilton Diamond
Has anyone been to DTW SIXT? Like I said above I have a PCAR and I am platinum. Just wondering what kinds of cars they have. I don't really want a Cadillac (Unless the new escalade).

Ive read some bad reviews on yelp about this location so im a little nervous.

Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA AG, WN A, MR Life PL, HH DI, Avis P+, 7*
I rented from them several weeks ago. It was a quixotic experience. I ended up with a premium car, some Volvo. They wouldn't give me a CLA nor any of the new CTSs in the lot. They wanted to put a $795 security deposit on the car.

Now, this is Detroit, where you if you rent from the airport with local ID, be prepared to put down some big deposit money (guess why?). But...this is ridiculous. I put up with it because it was for one night. Of course, they had these brand new Apple laptops (or were they Samsung?) in the back for the customers to use-none of them were secured.

Used to rent from them in Germany all the time, they're great there. I rented from them at DFW a couple of weeks ago-got a new CLA for $125 2 days net. Try that trick with Hertz or Avis. Security deposit there matched cost of the rental-much more reasonable.

I'm keeping an open mind about them. I'm glad they're here because they will keep pricing honest between Hertz/Dollar, EAN and Avis/Budget. But they obviously have a steep learning curve ahead of them in certain markets.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 11:18 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by Nibaruian
Used to rent from them in Germany all the time, they're great there. I rented from them at DFW a couple of weeks ago-got a new CLA for $125 2 days net. Try that trick with Hertz or Avis. Security deposit there matched cost of the rental-much more reasonable.
The corporate stores all seem to have the same ridiculous security deposit requirements (Atlanta wanted $500 minimum on a $13/day Volvo) while the franchised locations have more modest requirements.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Nibaruian
I rented from them several weeks ago. It was a quixotic experience. I ended up with a premium car, some Volvo. They wouldn't give me a CLA nor any of the new CTSs in the lot. They wanted to put a $795 security deposit on the car.
Huh...I guess my experience wasn't unique then. The people at the DTW Sixt seem to be clueless about the place they work at. I wasn't asked for a deposit, but they don't know what a CLA vis-a-vis C-class is, nor do they know it's actually cheaper than the car they tried to give me (Volvo wagon). They had three on the lot yet either feigned ignorance or were truly ignorant about them until I insisted.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
If I may chime in, just had a FCAR out of DTW. When I called and said I wanted a pick-up from the Hertz DTW location, the lady was extremely professional and sent the pick-up van within minutes.

She also noted my Sixt Platinum status, and offered me the Platinum upgrade without me even asking. Got a 2015 MB CLA 250 (PCAR). I'd have preferred the A3, but they didn't have that on their lot, and the lady was so nice and apologetic because of that (mind you, the reservation was made about 5 hours before picking up...pretty last minute!).

So, there, some of the nicest agents I have worked with, at Sixt are in DTW! From a PCAR, as a Plat, OP should atleast receive an LCAR. It never hurts to call the location in advance and request the Plat upgrade (and also inform them of the pick-up time from DTW)! Safe Travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.