Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Use a Canadian IP address for cheaper rates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, CX Gold, AA, UA, DL

Useful Tip for users of Sixt's US site sixt.com: try accessing the same site using a Canadian IP address. You may find your rate is cheaper than booking as normal from a US IP address. Your quote will still be priced in either US dollars or the local currency of the renting country.

Using this trick I was able to save about 50 off a rental in Spain.

The Canadian IP address didn't cause any of the other details to change, only the quoted rate. There is nothing in Sixt's T&Cs about not being allowed to access the site from a foreign IP address (and indeed there are many legitimate reasons to use one - being physically present in a foreign country for example!)
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

I suggest trying again using Sixt.co.uk or Sixt.de
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, CX Gold, AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by seawolf
I suggest trying again using Sixt.co.uk or Sixt.de
Nope, in my case the UK and DE sites actually quoted higher rates.

The point of the original post was to highlight that your quote at Sixt can sometimes change based on your IP address alone, even when nothing else has changed, i.e. you run the same search on the same site (sixt.com) from the same PC.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:58 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
In my DE 3-day rental, using the Canadian IP on sixt.com does bring the price down. ^

However UK and DE sites still cheaper. Nonetheless, good to know that I need to compare Canadian as well.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by tearsplash
Useful Tip for users of Sixt's US site sixt.com: try accessing the same site using a Canadian IP address. You may find your rate is cheaper than booking as normal from a US IP address. Your quote will still be priced in either US dollars or the local currency of the renting country.
Canadian IP address got me LCAR for 9 days 50 USD cheaper than PCAR reservation I had before. I was able to use my Latvia based platinum card in the reservation with no issues. LCAR for 428 USD for 9 days including all charges and insurances is a very good deal in my opinion. Looking forward for platinum card upgrade of course.

Honestly, even if I get what I reserved like BMW 3 or MB C-class I'm gonna be fine
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:36 am

For those that do not know how to do what the OP is suggesting. Please read the following link.

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/how...other-country/

Last edited by mike929; Mar 10, 2015 at 11:13 am
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Exec. Elite, Marriott Silver, Avis President's
Originally Posted by mike929
For those that do not know how to do what the OP is suggestion. Please read the following link.
Thanks, mike - I'd been wondering! Tried some of the Canadian servers at that list and had no problem getting the Sixt main page loaded - but then it wouldn't go to other pages to get quotes there. I'll have to read a bit more about what setting I need to change.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:04 pm

Just booked a rental using the sixt.co.uk website instead of the US site. Saved over $30/day, plus loss damage and supplemental insurance were both included for no extra charge.

I'm a US resident, I'm not going to have any issues getting this rate when I go to pick it up, right?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: Qantas
booked on the AU website for rentals in UK and IRL and it was cheaper than both the native UK and IRL website.

AU resident and paid in AUS$
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flipflopsnpolos
Just booked a rental using the sixt.co.uk website instead of the US site. Saved over $30/day, plus loss damage and supplemental insurance were both included for no extra charge.

I'm a US resident, I'm not going to have any issues getting this rate when I go to pick it up, right?
Would like to know this as well...
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by jerryhze
Would like to know this as well...
I am an US resident and recently booked the rental from sixt.co.uk for rental in Miami. They didn't check from which website I got the rate. So in my experience its safe to book from sixt.co.uk for rentals in US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.