Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Barcelona,Spain

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Sixt - Barcelona,Spain

Hello,

Couple weeks ago i was renting IDAR(Mercedes Benz A class, aut.) from Sixt in Barcelona Airport. I prepaid my rental on AutoEurope website. I don't like any blocked amounts on my card, so i always purchase insurance for 0 excess.

This time i also purchased insurance for 0 excess, but still got 300 EUR blocked on my card(Sixt webpage shows excess for this car 750 EUR). Where is the point to call it 0EUR excess?

I checked Sixt webpage and i paid the same amount as stated on sixt page when you check box for 0EUR excess.

Now i am planing to rent from Sixt again in Barcelona, is it ok for sixt to block amount on card even if you have purchased 0 excess? This time i am planing to rent FDAR with excess 950EUR, maybe some Sixt representative can tell me how much money will be blocked on my card this time after i purchase 0EUR excess?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 1:17 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi mt103,

Thank you for your message.

Before a vehicle is hired, an approval must be taken as a security measure. Without an approval we are unable to rent a vehicle out, as we have no security that the vehicle will be returned to us or payment will be received.

The amount blocked may vary depending on the rental period and car group, for example, high-value vehicles may result in a higher approval amount. The exact amount is determined on collection since various factors are used to determine the amount.

We have tried to make this information available and as obvious as we can, as we do not like you to be surprised when you arrive at the location and are required to provide a deposit that you were not expecting. I can assure you that it is common practise to take a security deposit prior to vehicle rental and you should expect this at all reputable rental companies.

I hope this information helps and if you need anything further, please let me know.

Many thanks, Louise.

Originally Posted by mt103
Hello,

Couple weeks ago i was renting IDAR(Mercedes Benz A class, aut.) from Sixt in Barcelona Airport. I prepaid my rental on AutoEurope website. I don't like any blocked amounts on my card, so i always purchase insurance for 0 excess.

This time i also purchased insurance for 0 excess, but still got 300 EUR blocked on my card(Sixt webpage shows excess for this car 750 EUR). Where is the point to call it 0EUR excess?

I checked Sixt webpage and i paid the same amount as stated on sixt page when you check box for 0EUR excess.

Now i am planing to rent from Sixt again in Barcelona, is it ok for sixt to block amount on card even if you have purchased 0 excess? This time i am planing to rent FDAR with excess 950EUR, maybe some Sixt representative can tell me how much money will be blocked on my card this time after i purchase 0EUR excess?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for you answer! But i am talking about prepaid reservations, like AutoEurope, Rentalcars or any other agency where you can prepay car rent. If i have prepaid reservation and i am purchasing 0EUR excess(when i arrive at Sixt desk). Do they still need to block some amount on my card?(prepaid reservation + 0EUR excess insurance or full insurance)
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:10 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi,

Even if you were to book through the third party, prepay and include zero excess we will still hold a deposit amount. We do have to take a deposit amount regardless of how the booking is made and what extras are included.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Louise.

Originally Posted by mt103
Thanks for you answer! But i am talking about prepaid reservations, like AutoEurope, Rentalcars or any other agency where you can prepay car rent. If i have prepaid reservation and i am purchasing 0EUR excess(when i arrive at Sixt desk). Do they still need to block some amount on my card?(prepaid reservation + 0EUR excess insurance or full insurance)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.