Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Booked LDAR and got 4er GT (420 diesel)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Hi Guys,

I've booked LDAR with Sixt pickup/return at FRA and got instead of advertised 5er GT (530/535) the 4er (420 diesel). Advertised description below.

For me it was a long week on professional side (arrived at FRA on Sunday) and worked long hours with customers, so at pickup time, I've noticed GT and felt like booth was pretty small for 3 of us, had to put one bag on the back seat, etc. Drove to Stuttgart and on the road car didn't behave like 3l engine at all... talking from private experience driving 3l beamer on daily basis.

Only in Stuttgart I've realized why we all felt like car is tiny as for 5er... as it is in fact 4er GET and weak as for 3 or 3.5l engine as it's 2l and probably 4 cylinders instead of 6 cylinders as it should be for LDAR.

This is highly disappointing from multiple angles, especially that I used to just rent car within selected class from any companies earlier using Kayak.com or any other broker and went directly for Sixt rental to get the car I wanted based on earlier recommendations here. Yet... I got highly disappointed.

Any thoughts from your side what could I do upon return? I have no time to exchange car tomorrow in Stuttgart but feel like cheated big time. This even prompted me to create account here.

Thanks,
4freflyer
Old Nov 13, 2014, 1:20 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt reply

Hi 4freflyer,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with the vehicle provided for your hire.

If you would like to send me a private message with your reservation number I'll be happy to have a look into this for you.

Thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by 4freflyer
Hi Guys,

I've booked LDAR with Sixt pickup/return at FRA and got instead of advertised 5er GT (530/535) the 4er (420 diesel). Advertised description below.

For me it was a long week on professional side (arrived at FRA on Sunday) and worked long hours with customers, so at pickup time, I've noticed GT and felt like booth was pretty small for 3 of us, had to put one bag on the back seat, etc. Drove to Stuttgart and on the road car didn't behave like 3l engine at all... talking from private experience driving 3l beamer on daily basis.

Only in Stuttgart I've realized why we all felt like car is tiny as for 5er... as it is in fact 4er GET and weak as for 3 or 3.5l engine as it's 2l and probably 4 cylinders instead of 6 cylinders as it should be for LDAR.

This is highly disappointing from multiple angles, especially that I used to just rent car within selected class from any companies earlier using Kayak.com or any other broker and went directly for Sixt rental to get the car I wanted based on earlier recommendations here. Yet... I got highly disappointed.

Any thoughts from your side what could I do upon return? I have no time to exchange car tomorrow in Stuttgart but feel like cheated big time. This even prompted me to create account here.

Thanks,
4freflyer
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

A 4er should only have two doors. That should have been a warning sign when you first picked up the vehicle.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: BA SL, TG SL, Sixt DIA
4 series GC

Originally Posted by seawolf
A 4er should only have two doors. That should have been a warning sign when you first picked up the vehicle.
The 4 series GC (Gran Coupe), same as the 6 series GC has 4 doors, I assume that is what he got. While being a nice car it should not be LDAR.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

I can confirm it had 4 doors.

Due to the tight schedule I was able to provide Jess rental details only today. Let's see if she can help.

btw. returning the car I've seen on return receipt that the car class for 4er GT (2.0d) is recorded as LCAR (US convention - http://www.sixt.com/fleet-guide/) whilst this matches more FWMR(AR?) for Germany where 3er is listed.

Certainly this 4er GT wasn't LDAR class without any questions.

Let's see what Jess from Sixt can do here.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:40 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi 4freflyer,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with the vehicle provided for your hire.

If you would like to send me a private message with your reservation number I'll be happy to have a look into this for you.

Thanks, Jess.

I have the same booking (LDAR) to pick up in Dusseldorf tomorrow and for some strange reason I've been assigned the same vehicle. The iphone app allows you to see which vehicle you have 'selected'/assigned.

Now admittedly it is a 430d Gran coupe... but it is definitely NOT similar to the advertised 5 series GT or 530/535. Namely the 4 series is about 5-8 grand cheaper than the 5 series GT.

Being a Sixt platinum customer, I would at the very least expect to receive the vehicle in the class that I have booked. Very disappointing indeed.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Interesting. Seems like it might be kind of Sixt practice, offer better, sell worse.

At least seems like you'll be getting 3.0l engine and not 2.0l as it was in my case that I've not only got smaller/worse car but also engine was way weaker.

Maybe you can call them in advance and request the car you were expecting to get?

Just a thought.

Good luck!
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:53 am
Suspended

I have a LDAR reservation for the January 2nd at KEL01.
Have remarks that I don not want a Mercedes E-class...

Will post what I finally get.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:22 am
Suspended

Guess what....

Got a call this morning informing me that they can not serve my reservation.
Was offered a E-class 200, BMW 520 or a Mercedes E-class 200 T.

Declined as all these were downgrades.

Will write HQ a complaint this time.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 2:23 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt reply

Hi SwissCircle,

I'm sorry to hear that you were not offered a vehicle in the category that you had booked. If you'd like to private message me with your reservation number, I can have a look into why this occured.

Many thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by SwissCircle
Guess what....

Got a call this morning informing me that they can not serve my reservation.
Was offered a E-class 200, BMW 520 or a Mercedes E-class 200 T.

Declined as all these were downgrades.

Will write HQ a complaint this time.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: Sixt Plat, Hhonors
I have stopped renting LDAR, as I received 525d each time or Audi A6 2.0.

It was better in the past :-/
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:39 am

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses
That is normal practice at the Sixt city-centre branch in Manchester UK
The manager told me that no matter what groups are offered they generally have nothing higher than IDMR so they take the booking and offer a partial refund upon giving the vehicle to the unhappy customer.
I no longer rent from that branch.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:43 am

Sixt Germany:

BMW 4 series is technically an upgrade from LDAR (don't laugh).
For some obscure reasons, the 4 is LSAR (S for sports coupé), which is valued higher than LDAR. It doesn't fit the needs of some LDAR renters at all (like decent room for 4 people AND their luggage), but it's become popular to give that upgrade.
So you got the BMW 3 series in FDMR / FWMR (Lim or wagon), the 5 series in LDAR / LWAR and the 4 series, which is a 3 coupé with 4 doors sitting in LSAR. You're not the only one to wonder.

For those who think that they would then maybe rent FDMR...
As SUV classifications at Sixt are as bad as for sports coupes, you've got the Tiguan ("SUVed" Golf, more a compact than a fullsize), X1 (SUVed BMW 1 Series) and GLA (SUVed Mercedes A) waiting for you as "upgrades" in FFMR.

Someone really needs to rethink their classifications.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.