Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

why they dont give me a damage report...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UX FB Gold, TK*G

Hi hall,

I just return a car after a long weekend at Frankfurt airport, in the return the person that check the car shows me a mark under the trunk door, not in the trunk or the bumper, in the part covered by the trunk when it closes... after take a look I've said it that it seem a kind of dry wax, glue or something similar, with one finger I can retire a part, but they insisted in mark as damage... well he had taken a photo and take a note with his PDA.

Then I ask for a copy of the damage report and they said that it'll be send to me, they don't ask to sign anything.

I am not comfortable with this situation, it's not the first time that sixt Germany charges me for things that don't happen, and at return offices I can't never get a damage, they usually say everything ok...

The car was very new and probably with the rain waste wax did the mark, in this position is impossible to make any damage without break the trunk door or the bumper, I'm sure that with a wet wiper it goes, I accept that the car is not so clean with the past days rain, but they should double check this things.

How can I know if they will charge me for this issue and how much?, how can I get a copy of damage report?

Last edited by ikermadrid; Jun 25, 2014 at 3:44 am
Old Jun 28, 2014, 4:40 am

I can't help with your issue but I just wanted to add how ridiculous that is.

When I check for damage, Sixt ALWAYS tell me either that it's already been recorded or that it's not big enough to report. Isn't it odd that when you return a vehicle, the policy changes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.