Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt at LAX [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2014, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: VISA Infinite, AmEx Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, Hertz 5*, Sixt Platinum

Anyone has a clue if and when SIXT may pplan to be available at LAX ?
Old May 8, 2014, 4:17 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Hi UStravelfan,

I have contacted my colleagues in the USA to ask if there are any plans to open a branch in the Los Angeles Airport area and I will let you know as soon as I have a reply from them.

In the meantime, if you require anything further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Many thanks, Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by UStravelfan
Anyone has a clue if and when SIXT may pplan to be available at LAX ?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Did you get an answer from you're colleagues?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Apparently not. I was interested as well
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:16 am

Hi roadwarrior365,

Sorry for the delay in my response.

We do not currently have plans to open a branch at Los Angeles Airport, however this is not indefinite and may change at some point in the future.

Best regards,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by roadwarrior365
Did you get an answer from you're colleagues?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Is sixt coming to lax soon ???

Can you clarify the status of the lax station? The website makes it appear that you have an open location. Is this still a referral to an unaffiliated rental agency?

Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:14 am

Hi Mrp Alert,

The location on the screenshot you provided is a branch off-airport with a shuttle service from the terminal to the office to collect the vehicle.

We currently have no plans to open a location on the airport site itself. However, this is not final, and may change depending on demand and a suitable site being available.

Best regards,

Gary Caudwell.

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Can you clarify the status of the lax station? The website makes it appear that you have an open location. Is this still a referral to an unaffiliated rental agency?

Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:45 pm

Sixt LAX

I just made a reservation for SIXT LAX in July. Has anyone had any experience with this location? Looks like it's at a Hotel near the airport? Thanks.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Is sixt coming to lax soon ???

In the past 24 hours, I have received two email adverts from Sixt about the new LAX airport location.

Old Jul 4, 2014, 4:49 pm

I just checked the rates at LAX. I'm traveling July 18-22 and was hoping I might be able to get a better deal on a Merc CLA250 than the Audi A4 I'm getting with Silvercar. Not even a chance. $250/day.

Also, to those confusing "in-airport" with "off-airport location". There are NO in-airport rentals at LAX at all - all rental companies are off-airport.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: SPG 75 Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Delta PM, AA EXP
Just rented this past weekend from LAX as a Platinum.
the office is in the front corner of the Renaissance hotel, you have to hunt down for it a bit.

They were offering cash upgrades to a BMW 428 convt for $15 a day, and was able to get it for free as a Platinum (or since I was booked into a premium category for a Cadillac ATS). Staff was helpful and pleasant.

For a BMW AI at $120 or so for a weekend, where Hertz was $100 for a standard fullsize, I'm excited that Sixt is finally at LAX.

Be aware though that they use the hotel shuttle to get to the terminal (15-25 min wait). Only downside to renting here vs Hertz who has their constant shuttles.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: *G
Looking to rent a car at LAX, but with the off airport location, how does that work with the terms and conditions saying that if you rent at an airport you're allowed to drive to other states than just the neighbouring ones?

-answered in another thread

Last edited by studentCPH; Aug 7, 2014 at 4:12 am
Old Aug 6, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: CX Silver, HHONORS Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I have made an reservation in LAX for 2 weeks later. I am so excited to know what kinds of car will I normally get in LAX (Germans or American)?? Did any visit their car lots? I booked the LCAR, and I really wanna get a Mercedes C or CLA, or BMW. Thanks
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by db07
I have made an reservation in LAX for 2 weeks later. I am so excited to know what kinds of car will I normally get in LAX (Germans or American)?? Did any visit their car lots? I booked the LCAR, and I really wanna get a Mercedes C or CLA, or BMW. Thanks
sub'd for an answer to this. I've gotten good cars from them in FL in the past. exicited to hear they are in CA now.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 2:09 am

Hi,

The cars at LAX will be American vehicles. If you want to PM your reservation number to me I'd be happy to put a note on your booking advising the guys of your vehicle request?

Many thanks, Louise.

Originally Posted by db07

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.