Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:24 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt Reply

Hi, thanks for your reply.

With the prices being subject to availability, it may be that the rates on the Sixt.com website are already discounted. This would be the reason that the discount link is more expensive at this time as it will not be applicable to an already lower rate. The prices on the Sixt.com website may be lower currently as it is coming towards the end of the season.

Thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by studentCPH
Because they can't rent out a a CLA to a person below 25...

@Jess - thanks for the link discount link here, but still seems more expensive than booking straight from sixt.com? ($35 more for the rental I'm looking at)
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi Vinotraveller,

Unfortunately, we haven't had replies to the emails that have been sent, and we can't seem to reach them directly via telephone.

I'm happy to try the general customer service team for France if you wouldn't mind waiting a little longer?

Many thanks, Jess.
Hi Jess

Don't worry, my plans may now change slightly meaning I will only need to rent a car for one day and if that is the case it will probably be simpler to just pick up a car in Narbonne alas. Sixt should open a branch in Narbonne, all the other big companies are there and it is very busy during the summer.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:42 am

Sixt Reply

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I can't confirm which specific models they will be as our fleet is constantly changing.

However, leave it with me and I'll ask the location what they have on fleet at the moment. It may be that the fleet has changed when you come to making your booking, but at least we can give you an idea of what's available now.

Thanks, Jess.
Originally Posted by R1C3RCKT
Thank you for the prompt response! I was hoping to find out what is generally in the fleet are they bottom spec C180 or 316? or closer to midspec c and 3 series models? respectively for the SSMR class are they 120hp Sciroccos and 218 or more mid-range? Anyone with previous experience is welcome to chime in? Suggestions for other classes that are manual and have a certain "fun" factor are also welcome, prefer to not rent an econobox

Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:20 am

Programs: Plat Amb, CCG, EBG
Hi,

First time renting with Sixt. Got upgraded from a Mercedes GLA to a GLK thanks to the Diamond card, happy with that.

Not as happy with a car that absolutely reeks of cigarette smoke. Called the branch the morning after I picked up the car, but wasn't offered a solution, and they didn't call back despite promising to do so. Had to drive 700 kilometers the past weekend, and doing that in a car that smells like an ashtray does not count as a very premium experience in my eyes. Might just have to stick to Hertz in the future, even though the cars they offer are a little less fun.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:33 am

Sixt Reply

I'm sorry to hear that.

Can you please send me a private message with your reservation details and I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks, Jess.
Originally Posted by OliT
Hi,

First time renting with Sixt. Got upgraded from a Mercedes GLA to a GLK thanks to the Diamond card, happy with that.

Not as happy with a car that absolutely reeks of cigarette smoke. Called the branch the morning after I picked up the car, but wasn't offered a solution, and they didn't call back despite promising to do so. Had to drive 700 kilometers the past weekend, and doing that in a car that smells like an ashtray does not count as a very premium experience in my eyes. Might just have to stick to Hertz in the future, even though the cars they offer are a little less fun.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:58 am

Sixt Reply

Hi, thanks for your patience.

As advised, we can't confirm any specific vehicle I'm afraid as the fleet is constantly changing to suit availability and demand.

The team in Frankfurt have advised that they have a C180 as often as they have a BMW 330, so they couldn't say specifically which they have more often in their fleet.

With regard to the SSMR vehicles, they have advised that there are all 120 hp vehicle and they normally would not have a vehicle in this category under 120hp.

I know this information isn't exact, but this is as precise as we can be with our fleet.

Thanks, Jess.

Originally Posted by R1C3RCKT
Thank you for the prompt response! I was hoping to find out what is generally in the fleet are they bottom spec C180 or 316? or closer to midspec c and 3 series models? respectively for the SSMR class are they 120hp Sciroccos and 218 or more mid-range? Anyone with previous experience is welcome to chime in? Suggestions for other classes that are manual and have a certain "fun" factor are also welcome, prefer to not rent an econobox

Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:16 pm

Deposit/Blocking for Compact car

Great thread... thanks in advance ..

Approximately, How much is Credit Card Deposit/Blocking for Norway Compact car.. the car rent for 7 days, costing me about 350 Euros.. need to make sure that the card is not capped out the monthly limit.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:19 am

Sixt Reply

Hi gallows,

Thanks for your comment.

The exact amount of the approval is determined upon collection since the amount is dependent on the vehicle. Unfortunately I don't have anything more specific than that.

However, I'll contact the customer services team in Norway for you now and see if we can get you a rough estimate.

I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Thanks, Jess.
Originally Posted by gallows

Approximately, How much is Credit Card Deposit/Blocking for Norway Compact car.. the car rent for 7 days, costing me about 350 Euros.. need to make sure that the card is not capped out the monthly limit.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:51 am

Sixt Reply

Hi again gallows,

Just one quick question; where in Norway are you looking to hire from?

This may affect the deposit amount so I just need to double check this for you.

Thanks, Jess.
Originally Posted by gallows

Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:23 am

Hi Jess,
do you have any response from the branch about your email.

Matthias
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:32 am

Sixt Reply

Hi Matthias,

I haven't heard anything unfortunately.

I've chased this with the customer services team in the US for you now, so they may be able to advise shortly.

Sorry that I haven't been able to get you a response as of yet.

Thanks, Jess.
Originally Posted by Matze52
Hi Jess,

Matthias
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:22 am

Regarding the Deposit - Tromso Airport

Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi again gallows,

Just one quick question; where in Norway are you looking to hire from?

This may affect the deposit amount so I just need to double check this for you.

Thanks, Jess.
Hi Jess.. thanks for taking this up.

We're renting at the Tromso Airport, Sixt... and it's a compact car for a week, ofcourse I dont need the exact figure as I'll always keep some tolerance...

I pre-assumed that there's no way I can be the Driver and the credit card used can be on my wife's name because if that could be possible then I'm sure we will be OK as it's unlikely that both cards will reach limit! ... And finally, if it helps with the info, I will prepay using Autoeurope.eu or Norweigian.com or similar websites.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 6:58 am

Sixt Reply

Hi Matthias,

The branch manager has advised that the FFAR vehicles they currently have on fleet are 2014 models. However, she has confirmed that they are getting an infleet soon which will include the 2015 models as well. They don't have an exact date set up for this infleet currently, so if you are to book for a date not too far in the future then you'll receive a 2014 model.

That's all the details that we can provide at the moment.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Jess.
Originally Posted by Matze52
Hi Jess,

Matthias
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:41 am

Sixt Reply

Hi Vinotraveller,

I'm sorry for the delay, and I understand that your plans have changed, but the branch have come back to me regarding delivery and collection.

They've advised that they are able to deliver and collect a vehicle to/from Narbonne, but it does come with some hefty charges to do so. It would be 300 EUR with taxes, which works out as 150 EUR for the delivery and another 150 for the collection.

I hope that helps.

Thanks, Jess.
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
Hi Jess

Don't worry, my plans may now change slightly meaning I will only need to rent a car for one day and if that is the case it will probably be simpler to just pick up a car in Narbonne alas. Sixt should open a branch in Narbonne, all the other big companies are there and it is very busy during the summer.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:59 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Cross border fee / one way rental

Dear SixtCustomerServices,

I made a reservation (PDMR) and I just wanted to double check few things;

apparently the fleet in this branch isn't so extensive as in Bajaras, so what cars are in the group PDMR and
what is the next car group (Platinum upgrade).

pick-Up; Madrid Centro Argüelles/T3 and return; Madrid Barajas Aeropuerto,
there doesn't seem to be an one-way rental fee, I'm I correct?

second thing; There didn't seem to be a Cross border fee when driving
to Portugal?

I just want to check that the total price quoted in my reservation (from sixt.es) already includes (the possible) one way rental-/Cross border-fees,
and no extras will be added at the counter?

Thank you once again for your good service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.