Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt Status

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2010, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
Sixt Status

How con you reach a status with sixt? is it just based on your credit card (AMEX Centurion) or Status (like 1K) or is it also based on how many rentals?

Thx
Old Feb 6, 2010, 4:04 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by UA 100K
How con you reach a status with sixt? is it just based on your credit card (AMEX Centurion) or Status (like 1K) or is it also based on how many rentals?

Thx
There is an active thread in the united forum discussing how ua 1k will give you automatic sixt elite status. Forgive me as I don't have the link handy on my pda, but search for/sixt there and you will find the link.

Cheers.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 4:11 am

Programs: LH FTL
Sixt Gold card: 5 rentals in a year
Sixt Platinum card: 20 rentals in a year
Old Feb 6, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: LH Senator, SU Gold, S7 Gold, CO Gold, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum, Europcar First
I got Platinum status just because GOLD ELITE status in SkyTeam.

But anyway it's useless card due the price for rentals in Sixt. Hertz, Europcar and brokers are always better (cheaper) in my cases.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 3:17 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
For my European rentals, I've often found Sixt to be the least expensive option, using the prices I get with my platinum status. And they've been quite generous on the car upgrades I've received, too.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 2:33 am
BMK

Programs: British Airways Blue, Virgin Flying Club Silver, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
I'm a regular praiser on this forum of Sixt...find them competitive with great service and good upgrades.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 4:04 am

Programs: LH Senator, SU Gold, S7 Gold, CO Gold, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum, Europcar First
Unfortunately Sixt has huge delay in sending card to customers. It's not a problem for rentals (because status clearly displayed in the system) but big problem for following status match games.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Razdva
Unfortunately Sixt has huge delay in sending card to customers. It's not a problem for rentals (because status clearly displayed in the system) but big problem for following status match games.
I e mailed SIXT after waiting about a month with no card in the mail. They responded and said it takes 8 weeks . This was very surprising to me...seems like a really long time for such a simple task.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 5:38 am

Programs: LH, BA, MH, VS, SPG, ICH, SIXT
My new Diamond Card has not arrived in over five months..........
Old Mar 17, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Question How does one get the sixt status based on DL Platinum

Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
For my European rentals, I've often found Sixt to be the least expensive option, using the prices I get with my platinum status. And they've been quite generous on the car upgrades I've received, too.
I am thinking of switching from Hertz as their post-Ford management seems to be reducing benefits and raising prices. How long does it take to get the status, how do I request it? How to get the 35% discount mentioned in the DL literature. The Sixt website is no help at all and the DL site has not a word about how to do it.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by jbcarioca
I am thinking of switching from Hertz as their post-Ford management seems to be reducing benefits and raising prices. How long does it take to get the status, how do I request it? How to get the 35% discount mentioned in the DL literature. The Sixt website is no help at all and the DL site has not a word about how to do it.
if I remember correctly you need to have 20 rentals in a 12 month period to attain SIXT platinum status.

Can anybody confirm this?
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by lemieux66
if I remember correctly you need to have 20 rentals in a 12 month period to attain SIXT platinum status.

Can anybody confirm this?
Yes, Sixt can. Alternatively you can get your platinum card if you have status card issued by some airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.