Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt Diamond/Plat Discount

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2007, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN (I miss my HON days), Sixt Diamond, everything else is silver by now
Sixt Diamond/Plat Discount

Hi!

I just booked a 4 day rental with Sixt out of NUE. The price was reasonable so I didn't check.
Now, I was under the impression I'll get a 40% discount with my diamond card. However, when I did the same booking without my card details the price difference for 4 days was a mere 30 Euros (280 vs. 250 euros).

Am I missing something here?

Old Oct 29, 2007, 9:39 am

how did you get the diamond card ????
Old Oct 29, 2007, 10:07 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pokeshot
Hi!

I just booked a 4 day rental with Sixt out of NUE. The price was reasonable so I didn't check.
Now, I was under the impression I'll get a 40% discount with my diamond card. However, when I did the same booking without my card details the price difference for 4 days was a mere 30 Euros (280 vs. 250 euros).

It is 40% off the rgular rate not off the discounted rates...
Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by midou
how did you get the diamond card ????

LH HON get the diamond automatically if requested
Old Nov 5, 2007, 2:22 pm

sorry for the questin but what is LH HON ???
Old Nov 5, 2007, 2:29 pm
Ben

Programs: SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Kempinski Private,HH Gold,Interconti Plat,Sofitel Gold,AmEx Cent, Sixt Plat
HON Circle is the top-tier level within the Lufthansa frequent flyer program.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I am a qf top tier (platinum) and I only got comped a Sixt Platinum Ccard?
Old Nov 13, 2007, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
I am a qf top tier (platinum) and I only got comped a Sixt Platinum Ccard?
There are 4 Lufthansa Miles&More levels : Basic, Silver (Frequent Flyer), Gold (Senator), Black (HON Circle).

Most frequent flyer programs top tier are equivalent to Lufthansa Senator and become the SIXT Platinum card.

The requirements for Lufthansa HON Circle level are far higher. Members become the SIXT Diamond card.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pokeshot
Hi!

I made the experience that the real difference is only visible on weekend rentals... I got a C-Class for 84 EUR plus upgrade etc.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 3:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, Sixt Plat, Europcar Privilege Elite, Hertz Presidents Circle, IC Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I made the experience that the real difference is only visible on weekend rentals... I got a C-Class for 84 EUR plus upgrade etc.
Was that at an airport and which Rate did you use to get that price?
Old Nov 15, 2007, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I was told by Sixt customer service that Platinum was their highest general elite level and that Diamond was extended only by personal invitation by Mr. or Mrs. Sixt.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 5:07 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Sorry but I only found the german version. Basically it says that special offers can be sometimes cheaper than the discount you get using your LH status CC.
Originally Posted by lh.com CC service guide
Bitte beachten Sie auch, dass kurzfristige Spezialtarife der Mietwagenunternehmen manchmal günstiger sein können und oftmals bereits ein Paket an Versicherungsleistungen beinhalten. Lufthansa und die Bayerische Landesbank besitzen keine Möglichkeit der Einflussnahme hierauf.
The same applies to the "normal" HON/SEN discount. The discount makes a big difference when you rent on short notice, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.