Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt repeatedly cancelling reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2017, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100k

I made a refundable reservation for a vehicle in France with Sixt for two days. But the day before I was supposed to pick it up, I received a confirmation that I had successfully cancelled my reservation. I never requested this.

I went back online and saw that the rate for the same exact dates and vehicle had gone down, so I just booked it again. But less than an hour before pickup time, they cancelled my reservation AGAIN!

I have tried calling but the only thing they have been able to tell me is that they can confirm that I cancelled it - I haven't even had internet access from the last time I booked.

So far I'm not impressed with the service. Anyone else have this experience?

EDIT TO ADD: of course the rental car price is 3x now that it is day-of. Is there some sort of EC261/2004 equivalent for rental cars?

Last edited by PABE; Jun 17, 2017 at 3:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.