Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

THIEVES: Scammed by Sixt on Sweden (Arlanda)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THIEVES: Scammed by Sixt on Sweden (Arlanda)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 4:15 am
Original Poster

THIEVES: Scammed by Sixt in Sweden (Arlanda)

I returned a car at night on 5/28 and the desk employee used a military grade LED lantern to inspect the car. He made a brief mention of a small Nick on the car that I was not able to even identify or see. I told him as such and he said to not worry about it, that it was minimal. I told him that it was very minimal, if it isn't even visible from a foot away!

Today I received a damage claim for 5207 SEK!!!!
​​​​​​
He claims damage that is invisible to the naked eye. Even in the photos sent by Sixt in the damage claim NO damage is seen.​​​​

I am effectively being strong armed for more than $550 for damage that did not exist as evidenced by sixt's own photos. This is robbery!!! There is no way this supposed invisible damage could be seen/marked upon picking up the car. I am being extorted and threatened with legal action for something I had nothing to do with and in fact it's debatable if it exists!!!

I plan on fighting this charge legally and online. This is not fair and must not stand. SIXT, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

All be warned: Sixt Arlanda are a criminal band of thieves!

PD I'm posting from my mobile and can't upload photos, I will do so as soon as possible to prove my point

Last edited by Shawn S; Jun 7, 2017 at 4:25 am
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:03 am

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

What was the excess for the insurance that came with the vehicle?

I have an annual multi-trip insurance policy which covers the insurance excess for all my car rentals in Europe. It cost me the equivalent of SEK 420...
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
All rental companies in Europe (incl the US majors) are very very particular about damages to their cars. Nothing special to Sixt in ARN. Either go for a 0 deductible coverage or carry a flashlight and magnifying glass with you. If a returning agent says 'all OK, no damage' or 'its minor, no worries' then make sure you get that documented.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
All rental companies in Europe (incl the US majors) are very very particular about damages to their cars. Nothing special to Sixt in ARN. Either go for a 0 deductible coverage or carry a flashlight and magnifying glass with you. If a returning agent says 'all OK, no damage' or 'its minor, no worries' then make sure you get that documented.
Sixt is more awfully nitpicky in my experience than the Hertz, Avis, Dollar, Alamo, Budget, and Europcar. When I rent with Sixt, I've tried to default to actually video-taping the car up close prior to getting in the car. I have never felt such need to do so in Europe or the US with the other majors. I also make sure to use a bank card with good car rental insurance coverage since they tend to know how to make a fuss against car rental company claims when it's due.

When it comes to Sixt in Sweden, I'd probably have a lawyer contest the charges and say to provide proof of damage being assignable to me and provide proof of repair and charges for the repair. It doesn't really cost me a thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.