Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt iOS app Version 6.3 Release 3 Feb 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2015, 3:57 pm
Ambassador: LATAM
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

Hi Sixt

I hope this post comes across as constructive and I do not meander into the moany or whiny.

I just downloaded the above iOS app release and it is somewhat gash

It gives you prices based on your SIM card. My SIM card is Colombian so the prices are in Colombian Pesos. Unless I got caught snoozing, Sixt does not have any stations in Colombia, so what is the point in that?

Now suppose I am data roaming in Miami and I want to book a car, My SIM card is still Colombian so I can have a Hyundai Accent for COP144,921.39. Can I pay cash in Pesos at the Car Rental Center in Miami? is there such a thing as 39/100 of one peso? Will Sixt bill my credit card in pesos to avoid forex fees?

I think the answer to all three questions is no. So is it not a fairly redundant enhancement? I want to rent a car in Miami and I cannot see the price in USD?

I see in the settings that there is an option "Manual Point of Sale" which says underneath "Activate this to use a point of sale different from your SIM card"

Sounds like the ideal solution right? So I activate it and it changes my app to what looks like Arabic and then crashes.

After activating manual point of sale it is no longer possible to open the app, it crashes on each attempt. The only fix is to delete the app, download it again, and we are back to pesos.

Can someone fix this please? Either turn off the SIM currency thing? Fix the option to turn it off, or best still, give us the chance to see prices in the currency of the station?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.