Wiki Posts
Search

Rental Car Pickup Time grace period

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Question Rental Car Pickup Time grace period

Months ago I booked for a client with SIXT at the Miami Airport location estimating the time of arrival within an hour or so but due flight delay and busy airport they arrived 3 hours after supposed pick-up time.

The customers were told by SIXT that due to their delay, they had re-sold and had no more minivans nor vehicles available for them. The family had to seek a minivan with another car rental paying $700 more than anticipated due to high demand.

Here is the answer by SIXT on this claim:
We do apologize for the unfortunate circumstances and the fact the client, Mr. XXXXXXXXX, was inconvenienced. However, inventories are based upon availability per supply and demand. This particular branch location is no different, if not one of the busiest. For pay-upon-arrival reservation we offer a courtesy one hour grace period to allow the customer time to arrive and pick-up the rental. But again, due to high demand at our Miami Intl' Airport branch - courtesy holds would have to be released to the next immediate customer that's available. The only exception is paying in advance (Prepaid) whereas the vehicle is held for 24hrs.

Wil Kennedy
Customer Service Department
Sixt Rent a Car, LLC
In 20 years of booking car rentals we never had once a similar problem, in the few over-booking scenarios the car rental company usually offered the customers a solution to fits their needs be two standard cars instead of a minivan for the same booked price of the minivan for instance.

I just wanted to share this experience on this topic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.