SIN arrive terminal 3 depart terminal 1

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC
SIN arrive terminal 3 depart terminal 1

Inbound flight is at T3 at SIN and leaving at T1 terminal for a layover

Do I have to clear security again? Is the transfer painless or should I give myself plenty of time?

Any insight would be very useful!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
http://www.changiairport.com/en/pass...e/transit.html

Nice map on towards the bottom of this web page. The three terminals T1/2/3 are connected airside, not necessary to either enter Singapore nor pass through security to change terminals.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Fantastic. Appreciated. Can I walk between T3 and T1 or do I have to take some form of transit?

Flying TK onwards so leaving T1. I understand the TK lounge is the SATA Premier Lounge. Shower facilities are available based on my peruse. Is that correct?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:31 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Fantastic. Appreciated. Can I walk between T3 and T1 or do I have to take some form of transit?
If you follow the link and consult the nice map that mnbp pointed you to, you will see estimated walking times. You can also use the Skytrain to cut out some of the walking (unless you are there during the odd overnight hours where it doesn't run)
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Many flights exSIN have a security check at the gate or before entering into the gate area with about a half dozen gates. However, there's no security check between terminals, nor is it necessary to enter Singapore to connect between terminals.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
The SATS lounges have bathrooms where you can take a shower, just ask the counter staff when you arrive for the towel. Note that ordinarily you need to get a lounge pass at the time you check in. If you get the boarding pass when you arrive at SIN you will get the lounge pass at that time (btw go to the transfer desk in T1 airside to do this). If your boarding pass is issued at your originating airport, I doubt you'll get the lounge pass, but I presume you will be able to enter the lounge regardless.

If you have * Alliance gold status with a Star Alliance airline, note that there is a Thai Airways lounge close by that you can visit, assuming they are open at the hour you arrive.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
The SATS lounges have bathrooms where you can take a shower, just ask the counter staff when you arrive for the towel. Note that ordinarily you need to get a lounge pass at the time you check in. If you get the boarding pass when you arrive at SIN you will get the lounge pass at that time (btw go to the transfer desk in T1 airside to do this). If your boarding pass is issued at your originating airport, I doubt you'll get the lounge pass, but I presume you will be able to enter the lounge regardless.

If you have * Alliance gold status with a Star Alliance airline, note that there is a Thai Airways lounge close by that you can visit, assuming they are open at the hour you arrive.
Thanks. Is the SATA lounge shower a private shower like many lounges? Based on the way you write this it seems like there's a bunch of shower stalls and bathroom stalls together.

I don't have *A status, but it seems like based on previous posts that as long as I have a J ticket I am eligible for entry?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Hmm, I'm sorry if it came across that way. That's not what I intended.

I don't remember the SATS T1 lounge well but I do know the SATS T3 lounge. It's a separate one person bathroom with a shower stall. I think (emphasize think) the T1 showers are configured similarly.

I'm not certain about the privileges for entering a Star Alliance lounge when the flyer doesn't have Gold status although flying in business on a Star partner ticket. Worth a try though... Separately, since you are on TK, when you are in IST, be sure to check out TK's international lounge if you have the time. It's a marvel in its own right.

BTW please don't get too immersed in the lounge experience at SIN. The gates can be quite far away from the lounge. Also bear in mind the security screening happens at the gate, and there may not be any screening or separation between business and economy passengers. In other words, it could be 10 minutes from the lounge to the gate, and another 10 minutes at the gate just waiting to get through security.

Finally, the ground service agent for TK in Singapore is called SATS, abbreviation for Singapore Airport Terminal Services. There is a SATA: it's the Singapore Anti-Tuberculosis Association!

Last edited by dsgtc0408; Apr 30, 2017 at 9:58 pm
Old May 1, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Couple of words:

- If you have plenty of time (>2h) and if you can access any of SATS lounges with your J ticket (not guaranteed, check with TK first) I would recommend go to T3 SATS instead of T1 because it was recently renovated.
- Depending on your time the lounge (either at T3/T1) might be quite busy and you have to wait your time for showers.
- Walk time between T3 and T1 is 15-25 min. Add 10 min wait time for the gate security, 20 min before departure and it comes that if you at T3 SATS, you should leave lounge no later than 50min before departure at T1.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:05 am

This reminds me that I never knew until I used the Jetquay CIP Terminal, that I realised you could walk all the way from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3.

Most of the time I do use the Skytrain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.