Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Food Run

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Singapore Food Run

Hello fellow travelers. I have a question about a layover at Changi and going into town to eat. My buddy, who happens to be a Chef, and I arrive at Changi on a Saturday around 5:00 PM and our next flights are not until 2:35 AM Saturday morning. Since we have some extended free time we would like to grab an uber and go into town for dinner. I have been to Singapore before but my buddy has not. I was thinking either go get Chili Crab or a hawker center. Any Chili crab suggestions or hawker centers that have a wide variety and open in the evening would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by onfinalapproach
Hello fellow travelers. I have a question about a layover at Changi and going into town to eat. My buddy, who happens to be a Chef, and I arrive at Changi on a Saturday around 5:00 PM and our next flights are not until 2:35 AM Saturday morning. Since we have some extended free time we would like to grab an uber and go into town for dinner. I have been to Singapore before but my buddy has not. I was thinking either go get Chili Crab or a hawker center. Any Chili crab suggestions or hawker centers that have a wide variety and open in the evening would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
So a little under a week in Singapore? Or did you mean 2:35 AM Sunday morning?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:11 am

Assuming you have about 7 hours free in the evening, I would recommend Old Airport Road. Lots of variety and options in the evening including tze char, which means you may also be able to get the chilli crab here. The following blog post is very comprehensive.

https://jaymoylovesfood.com/old-airport-road/
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by SQ319
Assuming you have about 7 hours free in the evening, I would recommend Old Airport Road. Lots of variety and options in the evening including tze char, which means you may also be able to get the chilli crab here. The following blog post is very comprehensive.

https://jaymoylovesfood.com/old-airport-road/
Ru Ji Kitchen at Old Airport Road is probably one of my favorite hawker stalls in Singapore (granted, I only visited about a 15-20 over the course of two trips).

Mattar Road Seafood Barbecue at Old Airport Road was a stall recommended to me by a few Singaporeans for crab. Never got a chance to go, so no opinions from me.

Last edited by calbear2005; Apr 26, 2017 at 12:26 pm
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking Old Airport Road as well so glad to see that was on the right path.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.