Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

May I stay in T2/3 transit hotel if I arrive at T1?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM PM

I won't be in transit but I arrive too late to make it where I need to be. I arrive in T1 and I don't trust the upcoming T1 hotel will be open in time for my stay. Can I travel airside T1 to T2/T3 even if I'm not in transit? Likewise, on my return, can I enter at T2/T3, sleep a few hours, then make my way over to T1 for the departure?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Arriving and departing passengers mix at Singapore, with security conducted right at the gate.

So, after landing you can either exit through customs & immigration, or head anywhere in the airside part of the building.

The only slight issue is if you have checked luggage you need to collect but it's been widely reported here that the bag will eventually be pulled from the belt, then held in a store room.

On departure, the challenge is going to be getting a boarding pass when you need it. The Changi airport website has extensive lists of check in opening times but with no BP you can't get airside.

One other option is http://www.thehaven.com.sg/map.php, landside, has nap rooms and is open 24hrs.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Arriving and departing passengers mix at Singapore, with security conducted right at the gate.

So, after landing you can either exit through customs & immigration, or head anywhere in the airside part of the building.

The only slight issue is if you have checked luggage you need to collect but it's been widely reported here that the bag will eventually be pulled from the belt, then held in a store room.

On departure, the challenge is going to be getting a boarding pass when you need it. The Changi airport website has extensive lists of check in opening times but with no BP you can't get airside.

One other option is http://www.thehaven.com.sg/map.php, landside, has nap rooms and is open 24hrs.

Thankyou! If I opted for the landside nap room at T3 on the way back, is it straightforward to get to T1 to print my BP for the departing flight?
Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
All 3 terminal (1 2 3) are connected airside as well as landside. So it is not a problem to get from one to the other.

My general SIN arrival TPAC is T1. I sleep at T2 (better room). I head back to T1 to clear immigration and customs; your bags are at the same terminal as your arrival.

Bags are pulled off the belt and kept at supervised baggage claim/lost and found. all the bags are locked with a long cable. You will need your baggage claim check which matches the tag before they will release the bags to you. I witness a inbound pax who misplaced her claim check and had to go out to check in area and wait for her airline's counter to open to get a replacement claim check.

Getting to T1 from T3 is relatively easy. There is train or shuttle bus during the late night hours.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tentseller
All 3 terminal (1 2 3) are connected airside as well as landside. So it is not a problem to get from one to the other.

My general SIN arrival TPAC is T1. I sleep at T2 (better room). I head back to T1 to clear immigration and customs; your bags are at the same terminal as your arrival.

Bags are pulled off the belt and kept at supervised baggage claim/lost and found. all the bags are locked with a long cable. You will need your baggage claim check which matches the tag before they will release the bags to you. I witness a inbound pax who misplaced her claim check and had to go out to check in area and wait for her airline's counter to open to get a replacement claim check.

Getting to T1 from T3 is relatively easy. There is train or shuttle bus during the late night hours.
Thanks. I don't check luggage. I will probably follow your pattern on arrival but exit through T2.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
You state you are not transiting. Are you connecting to another flight, or remaining in SIN for a period? Doesn't really matter how late the arrival if you eventually plan to stay somewhere away from the airport.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JHattery
You state you are not transiting. Are you connecting to another flight, or remaining in SIN for a period? Doesn't really matter how late the arrival if you eventually plan to stay somewhere away from the airport.
I am staying with friends in Singapore for a couple of days but arrive too late to reasonably land on their doorstep, so I'd rather catch a nap at the airport and then make my way over to their place all bright-eyed.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I that case, arrive, sleep airside in transit hotel/room, clear SG immigration and custom at any terminal as you do not need to claim bags at your arrival terminal.

After a 6 hour sleep you can grab Kopi and Kaya toast and then head over to friends, maybe even after the morning taxi surcharge.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Update: I thought this might be useful to others.

I booked a room with the transit hotel in T2 on arrival. There is no problem not being in transit, and no problem arriving in T1 and making the airside connection.

On the return, they would not accept my reservation because I would not be able to check in until 3.5 hours before my flight i.e., much later than I planned to be airside. The Changi website says there is a kiosk for DL but apparently there isn't, and the online checkin is not enough to allow passage through security. So I opted for the landside T3 The Haven that a helpful FTer linked above. They were quick in confirming my (minimum 4 hour) reservation of a nap room, that includes use of shower + lounge. At 4h30 am I will make the landside connection to T1 (train) and check in with DL.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can have another 30 mins in bed. The first transit shuttle runs at 5am, which is probably easier than trying to find the bus that runs overnight every 15 minutes!

I believe you can walk from T3 to T2 via the tunnel and *think* you can then get to T1 by foot, but it's quite a long way round.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can have another 30 mins in bed. The first transit shuttle runs at 5am, which is probably easier than trying to find the bus that runs overnight every 15 minutes!

I believe you can walk from T3 to T2 via the tunnel and *think* you can then get to T1 by foot, but it's quite a long way round.
It is a good idea to check in for DL's 6am departure no later than 4:30am.

Yes you can walk between the terminals. I usually do a 30+minutes walk around the terminals before checking into my sleep room at SIN after TPAC arrival.

For those who are interested: IMHO as a property manager T1 transit hotel looks like minimum 2-3 more weeks to completion as of Oct 14 morning.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

It is a good idea to check in for DL's 6am departure no later than 4:30am.

Yes you can walk between the terminals. I usually do a 30+minutes walk around the terminals before checking into my sleep room at SIN after TPAC arrival.

For those who are interested: IMHO as a property manager T1 transit hotel looks like minimum 2-3 more weeks to completion as of Oct 14 morning.
Great info, thanks to you and Swiss Tony. I will definitely walk between terminals if that's an option. I fly home TPAC when I get to NRT so it will be a long day on my bum.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry - hadn't realised it was a 6am flight. For some reason I thought I read 7.15am.

What is the landside walking route from T3 to T1? do you have to go via T2 or is there a footpath?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry - hadn't realised it was a 6am flight. For some reason I thought I read 7.15am.

What is the landside walking route from T3 to T1? do you have to go via T2 or is there a footpath?
At SIN: T1 is the middle and T2 and T3 are the two wings in the shape of the letter U.

Walking from middle of T3 to the D gates (DL) at T1 is about 20 minutes. There are optional moving walkway along the way.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At SIN: T1 is the middle and T2 and T3 are the two wings in the shape of the letter U.

Walking from middle of T3 to the D gates (DL) at T1 is about 20 minutes. There are optional moving walkway along the way.
Yes, but that's the airside route. What's the landside one? For some reason I'm thinking you cannot walk from T3 to T1 without going all the way over to T2 first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.