Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight in SIN terminal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Overnight in SIN terminal

Hi all,

I'm doing a MR on Skyteam (Delta). I will be in the airport 12:30am-7am. I have lounge access as Elite Plus but am flying Y. I'm open to a transit hotel, a new idea, or just crashing in a corner.

I'd appreciate any suggestions/advice.

Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Loads to do airside at SIN...

http://www.changiairport.com/in-tran...er-experiences

And the Skyteam lounge is open 24hrs to boot.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: Delta FO
I was just at SIN and looked around with sleeping for a MR in mind. There are LOADS of places to stretch out and sleep. You'll have no problem at all.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:45 am

You wont have any problems whatsoever.

Changi is an amazing airport, with so many things to do. Please refer to this page for more information http://backpackerlee.wordpress.com/2...-best-airport/

From around 5am onwards, the planes begin to take off and land again, so you may be able to do some plane-spotting.

The transit Hotel in Terminal 3 is where I spend a good 6-12 hours every time I am passing through. Call me sad, but I often plan my flights so that I can spend as long in transit as possible. Changi is not a normal airport - it is a 24hr luxury shopping mall that just so happens to have planes outside instead of cars.

Rates for the transit hotel are around £50 for 6 hours and you get free LAN. All rooms have ensuite bathrooms and televisions and coffee making facilities.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by A380 Flyer
You wont have any problems whatsoever.

Changi is an amazing airport, with so many things to do. Please refer to this page for more information http://backpackerlee.wordpress.com/2...-best-airport/

From around 5am onwards, the planes begin to take off and land again, so you may be able to do some plane-spotting.

The transit Hotel in Terminal 3 is where I spend a good 6-12 hours every time I am passing through. Call me sad, but I often plan my flights so that I can spend as long in transit as possible. Changi is not a normal airport - it is a 24hr luxury shopping mall that just so happens to have planes outside instead of cars.

Rates for the transit hotel are around £50 for 6 hours and you get free LAN. All rooms have ensuite bathrooms and televisions and coffee making facilities.
I thought that at least one of the transit hotels, not T3, had budget rooms with facilities down the hall? Or was this changed during the renovations?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I thought that at least one of the transit hotels, not T3, had budget rooms with facilities down the hall? Or was this changed during the renovations?
There are transit hotel rooms that are not ensuite, and these must be the rooms you are referring to. I don't any of them exist in the T3 hotel, but certainly the T1 hotel has budget rooms (other rooms are called Standard Rooms, IIRC). The T1 hotel is also the one with the outdoor swimming pool opposite. ^
Old Nov 1, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
I've regularly done MR's to SIN from HKG on UA when i can get a sub US$150 fare. Getting in at 1am and out again at 5am. Lots to do, quite a few places to eat still open. I usually go out by the Cactus Garden and relax there for a while before heading to the lounge for a shower, and an hour on those massage chairs.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by slickalick
I've regularly done MR's to SIN from HKG on UA when i can get a sub US$150 fare.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Originally Posted by In2ishn
Hi all,

I'm doing a MR on Skyteam (Delta). I will be in the airport 12:30am-7am. I have lounge access as Elite Plus but am flying Y. I'm open to a transit hotel, a new idea, or just crashing in a corner.

I'd appreciate any suggestions/advice.

Thanks!
I will be doing a similar MR on UA. Arrive 1:40 am and leave 7 am. Too short for transit hotel or similar but will wonder around, maybe get some food. My question is would I need to get some local currency or US $ or credit card work? Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Well, I'm here. Sadly traveling Y no longer grants lounge access but there are plenty of places to hang out as well as several places to grab a shower. No need for cash as far as I can see.

Thanks to all for your advice!
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by TXbizman
I will be doing a similar MR on UA. Arrive 1:40 am and leave 7 am. Too short for transit hotel or similar but will wonder around, maybe get some food. My question is would I need to get some local currency or US $ or credit card work? Thanks.
Credit cards are fine in the hotel and everywhere else in the airport, but a little but of Sin Dollar may be useful for some food or drink. I always use the OCBC cash machine on the top level of T3 by the Qatar Airways lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.