Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore zoo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Singapore zoo

I've thought that the Singapore zoo would be pretty boring for me...
Happily, i was mistaken:

It was the amazing time in Singapore.
My son was so happy while touching the lemurs!
Really, it was the happiest time of my life!

More photographs (232) you can see here:
http://independent-travellers.com/singapore/zoo/
They are pretty large to post it here.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I had the same rogue monkey run up my leg. The second time I screamed. Nobody, including my husband came to my rescue!

I found the zoo great too, but the other park, with the river cruise boring.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:41 am

Great photos. Always guaranteed a great day out at SG zoo! My fave zoo in the world! http://backpackerlee.wordpress.com/2...singapore-zoo/

There's just something amazing about walking into the zoo and seeing those rogue monkeys hanging around those trees in the middle, then walking on a bit further to see the infamous white tigers (sponsored by Tiger Beer!).

Inuka the Polar Bear is another great addition to the park but I think now my fave place in the Zoo is the Orangutans, especially the baby ones that climb above you without any cages or borders. ^

Singapore is very lucky to have so many paid wildlife attractions like the zoo and Jurong Bird Park, but also the free parks like Bukit Timah and Macritchie. I was walking around the Lower Peirce Reservoir the other day and I got really scared as I was the only one there pretty much. The paths I was trying to walk on were flooded!

Anyway, no problems like that at the zoo! One thing I did hear though is that Wildlife Reserves SG, who own the zoo, may be moving it to another location nearby, and also creating a new park, which will be their 5th park!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by A380 Flyer
Anyway, no problems like that at the zoo! One thing I did hear though is that Wildlife Reserves SG, who own the zoo, may be moving it to another location nearby, and also creating a new park, which will be their 5th park!
The Zoo will be expanded and the Jurong Bird Park will be relocated to Mandai...
Old Nov 8, 2014, 3:11 am

Nice. Yes the Zoo is very popular with locals too.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 8:32 am
Suspended

There are 3 Zoo in Singapore and are located within each other

1) Singapore Zoo
2) River Safari Zoo
3) Night Safari Zoo
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: most of them
I'm not a fan of zoos, but I liked Jurong Bird Park.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.