Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore Trusted Traveler Prog. accepting applicants who have US Global Entry.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Trusted Traveler Prog. accepting applicants who have US Global Entry.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by alphaod
I'm curious if there are any developments to this.

I flew into SIN a month ago was stuck behind some 30-40 people. Apparently some Tiger and Lion Air flights came in before mine and the line was enormous!

I would love to use the gates, also to save space on my passport if not to avoid these lines.
Next time try the opposite end of the terminal you are in. There are 2 checkpoints per terminal. If you don't have checked bags, T3 is generally the quickest, and the 2 minute train ride is worth saving 20 minutes in the immigration queue (plus the taxi queues are usually the shortest as well!)
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:20 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Thumbs up It's official!

Looks like it's finally official, now we just have to wait for the entry requirements and how to apply. I just got back from the US after a 2 months stay. This is welcome news for me.

Tweet

I'm guessing it works both ways; Singapore users to enter US and for US users to enter Singapore via the automated gates.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: TK E+, AS Gold
Requirements and online application are now up on the ICA website: https://ltpass.ica.gov.sg/ttp/

The United States of America – Singapore Trusted Traveller Programme (TTP) is a bilateral initiative which allows citizens of Singapore and the United States of America (U.S.) to enjoy convenient immigration clearance via automated clearance facilities at their respective major traveller checkpoints. Under the TTP, U.S. passport holders who are existing members of the U.S. Global Entry Programme (GEP) can submit an online application for the use of ICA’s enhanced-Immigration Automated Clearance System (eIACS) if they meet the following eligibility criteria at the point of enrolment :

- Passport validity of more than 6 months;
- Visited Singapore at least three times in last 12 months; and
Aged 6 and above.
- Parent or legal guardian of applicants who are below the age of 18 are required to be present during enrolment. The original copy of the applicant's birth certificate and the passport of the accompanying parent or legal guardian should also be provided for verification of identity. In the event the applicant is accompanied by a legal guardian, the original copy of the legal authorisation letter or court order must also be furnished.

I got my in-principle approval email in less than 2 minutes. (Beating even the ABTC approval time!)
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Looks like it's finally official, now we just have to wait for the entry requirements and how to apply. I just got back from the US after a 2 months stay. This is welcome news for me.

Tweet

I'm guessing it works both ways; Singapore users to enter US and for US users to enter Singapore via the automated gates.
Exciting^ Just read the news on OMAAT. It is a lot more exciting for non resident Singapore citizens than for US users as immigration lines are short in Singapore.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by expatOWflyer
Exciting^ Just read the news on OMAAT. It is a lot more exciting for non resident Singapore citizens than for US users as immigration lines are short in Singapore.
That's true. I wonder if I can apply now on the Global Entry website or I'll have to wait for them to update Singapore into the Eligibility list.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:11 pm
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
That's true. I wonder if I can apply now on the Global Entry website or I'll have to wait for them to update Singapore into the Eligibility list.
Just tried and we can apply now.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by kkg
Just tried and we can apply now.
Thanks will give a try.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by 9vska
- Visited Singapore at least three times in last 12 months
Interesting to know how many travellers from US would fit in this criteria.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by invisible
For Hong Kong's program to skip lines, there's also a must travel here frequently requirement but it's waived for various airline FF program elites who wan't to register for the privilege.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by invisible
I would, but I live in Indonesia.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
I can't seem to find any text on how long the clearance is good for? :-/
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by hessinger
I can't seem to find any text on how long the clearance is good for? :-/
Website says it's valid for 5 years. You'll also automatically be TSA Pre-Check approved. However I still have to apply for the ESTA, US$14 per application. Luckily ESTA is valid for 2 years.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Basement Lurker Club
Website says it's valid for 5 years. You'll also automatically be TSA Pre-Check approved. However I still have to apply for the ESTA, US$14 per application. Luckily ESTA is valid for 2 years.
I mean the other way around. Sorry.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Received my approval email 3 days ago. I plan to swing by Changi to complete my enrollment at the elACS office at the airport next week. Does anybody know whether I need to make an appointment or can I just walk in? Thanks.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by wilp888
Received my approval email 3 days ago. I plan to swing by Changi to complete my enrollment at the elACS office at the airport next week. Does anybody know whether I need to make an appointment or can I just walk in? Thanks.
Read here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.