Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 3:06 am
uk1
Suspended

That Club benefit sounds reall worthwhile for you.

Over the years at this hotel and a couple of other ICs, our approach has been to get to know the staff and directors and simply negotiate directly what it is exactly we are after and chip away at getting what we need to book to achieve it down to the lowest that is mutually acceptable. This year we have been fortunate due to a very kind and appreciated gift of RA and that basically means that we can use the mini-bar which as you know is a real plus for a long-term stay in liquor-expensive Singapore. That with Happy (Comotose) Hour in the lounge is a great part of the routine of a longstay day.

People spend a lot of time asking about optimising stays but too few people understand the power of simply making friends with where they regularly stay, simple - thoughtful things like writing thank you notes and sending Christmas cards .... etc
Old Sep 12, 2014, 4:38 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by markcwj
Just stayed at the Mandarin Oriental Singapore in a Premier Ocean room a couple of weekends ago and would like to share my experience there:

Great review ... thanks.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:41 am

Best Luxury hotels:
- The Fullerton
- Raffles
- St. Regis
- The Ritz Carlton
- MO
- Four Seasons
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Best Luxury hotels:
- The Fullerton
- Raffles
- St. Regis
- The Ritz Carlton
- MO
- Four Seasons
Remember to book through a Virtuoso Agent if you're interested in most of these properties! Also, Fullerton Bay Hotel (not just the Fullerton) and Capella Singapore if budget is not really an issue!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by markcwj
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Best Luxury hotels:
- The Fullerton
- Raffles
- St. Regis
- The Ritz Carlton
- MO
- Four Seasons
Remember to book through a Virtuoso Agent if you're interested in most of these properties! Also, Fullerton Bay Hotel (not just the Fullerton) and Capella Singapore if budget is not really an issue!
Capella is a great property as well. I know I was missing one..
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: FT
Decided to post my question here.....Booked at the MAndarin oriental SIN for two days before my meetings. Wondering if the extra per night 120S$ is worth paying for club access. Any thoughts are appreciated. I would have several drinks each day.

Also, does the champagne breakfast in the club compare at all with the champagne brunch on Sundays?

I'll be there sat to Monday if it matters.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:01 am

I attended a function at the Marina Mandarin hotel recently. As I was early, I also took the opportunity to walk to the Marina Square Mall, which is conveniently connected, though via a flight of stairs.

In this video, I show you where the Food Court is in the Marina Square Mall and take a short walk back to Marina Mandarin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qqm4kECCeg

In the next video, I show you the meal I had at the Marina Mandarin ballroom. It was a 4-course sit-down Western-style dinner. The courses were

1. Prawn salad
2. Cauliflower soup
3. Main course - either Cod or Chicken
4. Dessert

Of course, they all had nicer sounding names. Watch this video to find out more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1JN_mr4sk0
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by mkjr
Decided to post my question here.....Booked at the MAndarin oriental SIN for two days before my meetings. Wondering if the extra per night 120S$ is worth paying for club access. Any thoughts are appreciated. I would have several drinks each day.

Also, does the champagne breakfast in the club compare at all with the champagne brunch on Sundays?

I'll be there sat to Monday if it matters.
It depends on how much you drink. Alcohol is rather expensive in Singapore. If you have say 3-4 drinks a day, I think the club access would be worth it.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by iluvcruising2
It depends on how much you drink. Alcohol is rather expensive in Singapore. If you have say 3-4 drinks a day, I think the club access would be worth it.
This comment just got me thinking. I seem to recall when I first visited Singapore in 1992, a beer was around S$10 in the bar of the Mandarin on Orchard Road.

I just booked rooms at the Conrad and it came up with options of pre-ordering extras. This included beers at S$11/bottle, which I assume would tally with both the bar and minibar prices.

So, has alcohol actually been getting cheaper in Singapore in real terms, or am I mistaken?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
This comment just got me thinking. I seem to recall when I first visited Singapore in 1992, a beer was around S$10 in the bar of the Mandarin on Orchard Road.

I just booked rooms at the Conrad and it came up with options of pre-ordering extras. This included beers at S$11/bottle, which I assume would tally with both the bar and minibar prices.

So, has alcohol actually been getting cheaper in Singapore in real terms, or am I mistaken?
I don't think alcohol prices have gone down, when alcohol/tabacco duties was raised earlier this year.

Also I don't think Conrad's offer of $11 per bottle is the price at the bar, it's definitely much higher than that. Just for comparison sake, a 4-star hotel I went to recently charged $18.23 (Nett, after ++) for a pint of Tiger.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 2:46 am
uk1
Suspended

This is why, if like me, a stay cannot be sustained without reasonable regular daily intake of alcohol then a hotel with club access is more essential in Singapore than anywhere else .....

Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by uk1
This is why, if like me, a stay cannot be sustained without reasonable regular daily intake of alcohol then a hotel with club access is more essential in Singapore than anywhere else .....

I am in full agreement. After a day of meetings (today)solicitating more business and relaxing at the IC Club. Relax, unwind and reflect results of the meeting over a few wine/cocktails before confronting Satay St.

Too bad there is no sign of "uk1" at IC SG today.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:22 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by tentseller
I am in full agreement. After a day of meetings (today)solicitating more business and relaxing at the IC Club. Relax, unwind and reflect results of the meeting over a few wine/cocktails before confronting Satay St.

Too bad there is no sign of "uk1" at IC SG today.
Thanks.

At the moment I'm really pining for Singapore and the lounge. Just less than 10 weeks until our next stay. IC Lounge followed by Satay Street and 40 sticks and a Jug. Life doesn't get much better.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by uk1
Thanks.

At the moment I'm really pining for Singapore and the lounge. Just less than 10 weeks until our next stay. IC Lounge followed by Satay Street and 40 sticks and a Jug. Life doesn't get much better.
You forgot pre-satay cocktails at the IC Club!

I will be SG and KL end of Jan 15. Perhaps then.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony

Alcohol has gotten more expensive. Of course, it depends on where you go.

I went to this place called Wallich, in town, and here are the prices before taxes.
http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogsp...or-drinks.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.