Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone have staying experience in Grand Copthorne Waterfront

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Anyone have staying experience in Grand Copthorne Waterfront

Because I've noticed this hotel offer the BAR for their Presidential Suite with a SGD1,100 per night on the period I am planning to go to singapore, the price is attracting while comparing to other hotel's rooms or suite that I shortlisted, (actually, too attracting for someone who want to be a king like me), but I am looking for the rate at Marina Bay Sands because I am still interested to stay in the city's spotlight

Grand Copthorne Waterfront's description said their only presidential suite sized 280sqm, with luxurious setting and services (the one who caught my eye is free non-alcoholic items in minibar, free internet access, free laundry service of 2 piece per day, that many 5 star hotels will not offer to their suite residents) , but there's not much reviews from other travelers about this hotel.

So it would be grateful if someone can share your views if you did stayed in this hotel (all room types are welcomed).

Last edited by smithhehehaha; Sep 30, 2012 at 9:40 am
Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I stated here two years ago in a regular room, as part of a small meeting. I liked the location and the walking paths along the river, including to the restaurants and bars of Clarke Quai and beyond. However, it seems far from most tourist attractions, subway stations, etc., although I never seriously tried to find the big shopping mall nearby.

The hotel itself is a three to four star chain property, although somewhat a flagship property of the chain. Be sure to sign up for an account as any member can get some minor benefits starting with the first stay IIRC. Service seemed sufficient and willing, but don't expect anything special. There's a small outdoor pool on a rooftop deck, although on a low floor rather than on top of the hotel.

There seem to be regular and higher tier rooms. My regular room had tropical furnishings than looked like rattan and light colors. The room size was adequate for a property of this category, as was the bathroom, but nothing was spacious or luxurious at all.

It's a solid property, well managed and in good condition, but shouldn't be confused with Singapore's many top hotels. It is what it is, so set your expectations appropriately.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:35 am

I have stayed there numerous times as my singapore office is down the street at great wall city (a small but nice shopping mall is here). Don't mistaken it for the grand singapore hotels, this is a 3 - 3.5 star hotel, rooms clean, reasonable spacious, has one large coffee shop and bar downstairs.

Not near any particular sights, MRT, etc. is there a reason for trying there?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I stated here two years ago in a regular room, as part of a small meeting. I liked the location and the walking paths along the river, including to the restaurants and bars of Clarke Quai and beyond. However, it seems far from most tourist attractions, subway stations, etc., although I never seriously tried to find the big shopping mall nearby.

The hotel itself is a three to four star chain property, although somewhat a flagship property of the chain. Be sure to sign up for an account as any member can get some minor benefits starting with the first stay IIRC. Service seemed sufficient and willing, but don't expect anything special. There's a small outdoor pool on a rooftop deck, although on a low floor rather than on top of the hotel.

There seem to be regular and higher tier rooms. My regular room had tropical furnishings than looked like rattan and light colors. The room size was adequate for a property of this category, as was the bathroom, but nothing was spacious or luxurious at all.

It's a solid property, well managed and in good condition, but shouldn't be confused with Singapore's many top hotels. It is what it is, so set your expectations appropriately.
Thanks for the reply. According to the information I find, they said this is a 5-star hotel was re-innovated in 2009 (the river has several hotels operated by this group, Studio M, M Hotel and Copthorne King's Hotel), with introducing their new residential-type suites for a 1 or 2 years ago.

For the reviews I can find on tripadvisor, many of them have positive feedbacks on their service,(actually I found a review that a fortunate traveler get upgraded to the presidential suite because he checked-in too late) but most of them are complaining on the location are too remote from MRT stations....(in many situation, location matters)

But for their attractive rate while comparing with other hotels, I may go for it.

Last edited by smithhehehaha; Sep 30, 2012 at 8:46 am
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:07 am
Original Poster

For their presidential suite, a number of Korean and Canto-pop stars did become the residents of this suite, these stars looks familiar for me, with a so attractive rate (I have to pay SGD750 for a <100sqm Orchid Suite, SGD1500 for a 150sqm Sands Suite, and SGD1700 for a 200sqm Marina Suite), it may give me a vote to choose this hotel
Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
The suites are very dated but still a reasonable size. Pretty good if you can get a good rate here as the location is great for exploring the Robertson Quay area (or if you're going clubbing at Zouk).

Full Review: http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/...ront-singapore

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.