Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast options in Changi Terminal 2

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Breakfast options in Changi Terminal 2

I've got a SilkAir flight to REP that departs 10:40 am on a Sunday. Since I don't have any status on MI, I won't be heading to any lounge before the flight, and I'll probably give myself extra time to check in. That means having breakfast in Terminal 2 between check in and boarding our flight.

Any advice on good (Western or Asian) breakfast options in Terminal 2 would be appreciated. I'd prefer to avoid 'fast food' options like Subway, McDonalds, etc.

Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
If it's any consolation, I believe MI use the SATS lounge which is - in my experience - the worst lounge at Changi. You ain't missing much!

(Afraid I can't help with the main question...)
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:08 pm

Programs: SQ KF (ex-UA)
If you have time to get over to T3 there is a Ya Kun Kaya Toast pre-immigration.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
There is a food-court on upper level SIN T2 with various choices not far from the transit hotel.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's a landside starbucks in either T2 or T3 near the escalators coming up from the subway. Airside, go up to the mezzanine level (where the lounges and transit hotel are located) and look for a long row of inexpensive restaurants, mostly different varieties of Asian.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:44 am

Lots of food at the airport.

For breakfast, personally I like Ya Kun (depends on outlet as well). The toast is usually delish and the coffee nice and thick and bitter. Unfortunately, it is at T3, and I have never had it at that particular outlet.

There are Wang's Cafe or Toastbox at T2, or Killiney Kopitiam airside. I'm not a big fan or either, but they are decent and serve similar fare to Ya Kun. Traditional breakfast. If you want Laksa for breakfast, some of them serve it as well in the morning.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA GS
I like Toast Box. And the T3 Ya Kun is pretty good.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:15 pm

T3/T1 basement contains a food court that has similar food to the hawker food in Singapore.

Easy to get between the terminals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.