Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

MCT in SIN - from EK to QR / through check-in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

hi guys!

i'm soon flying bne ek sin qr doh qr fra

now my travel agent doesnt seem to know anything about this, so my hope is on you! ;-)

i was wondering if ek in bne can check me and more importantly my bags through all the way to fra already? or do i have to pick it up in sin and then move from terminal one to terminal 3 to check-in new?

also, on my way back, i arrive on qr in sin at 13.55 at terminal 3 and my connecting flight with ek to bne leaves at 15.15 already from terminal 1. is that enough time to catch it (i guess that all depends on the answer to my first question - if it all gets checked through it's easy enough...)

hope someone can help me out!

thanks so much!

julia
Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Getting around SIN is generally really fast. I can usually be at the taxi stand within 20 minutes of leaving the plane. This includes collecting my bags.

There are trains that take you between terminals, both airside and in the public areas. If you have time check out the slide in terminal three
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:17 am

I guess you are on seperate tickets, one BNE-SIN-BNE and SIN-DOH-FRA-DOH-SIN. Quite an odd way to get to FRA, especially considering that EK could bring you all the way to FRA.
I cant help you answering the question if EK interlines with QR, you should actually call EK and try to get the info there.

If not I would say the 1.20h Transfer time is tight. Depending on when the Check-in in SIN closes you may only have 20 to 35 min to get from aircraft door to the check-in counter. And even Changi is a very efficient airport (I can confirm that 20 min after arrival you really are sitting in a cab) you dont have much time to play if anything goes not to plan. So I would suggest gather all informations check-in closure times, where the check-in desk are located, where the skytrain entrance is.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Blue_F50
hi guys!

i'm soon flying bne ek sin qr doh qr fra

now my travel agent doesnt seem to know anything about this, so my hope is on you! ;-)

i was wondering if ek in bne can check me and more importantly my bags through all the way to fra already? or do i have to pick it up in sin and then move from terminal one to terminal 3 to check-in new?

also, on my way back, i arrive on qr in sin at 13.55 at terminal 3 and my connecting flight with ek to bne leaves at 15.15 already from terminal 1. is that enough time to catch it (i guess that all depends on the answer to my first question - if it all gets checked through it's easy enough...)

hope someone can help me out!

thanks so much!

julia
EK and QR definitely do interline. If the BNE agents refuse to check your bag all the way to FRA, don't take no for an answer and have them check with their supervisor.

They won't be able to check you in on your QR flights, though. Best to check in online and have your printed BP/e-ticket handy, which you will need to show anyway to have your bags checked through.

Last edited by -Heathcliff-; Dec 9, 2011 at 10:55 pm
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:36 pm

I know its an extremely poor example, but I just flew into SIN on EK about 3 weeks ago, and I had to wait 30-40 minutes for my bags! I was shocked, seeing as I have flown through SIN all previous times. The flight was coming from CMB. They had about 3-4 drug customs agents and sniffing dogs that they were hovering around the carocel for only our flight and completely ignoring the QF flight next to us.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the answers, much appreciated!

will have to check in right before leaving to the airport as i have 12 hours stopover in sin and the qr flight isn't open yet.

do you by any chance know how to get into the city from the airport the quickest and back again? definitely don't want to spend my 12 hours only at the airport...

thanks guys!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:26 am

thanks for the answers, much appreciated!

will have to check in right before leaving to the airport as i have 12 hours stopover in sin and the qr flight isn't open yet.

do you by any chance know how to get into the city from the airport the quickest and back again? definitely don't want to spend my 12 hours only at the airport...

thanks guys!
By cab. Cheap, Efficient and reliable.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 8:06 am

thanks guys!
You might want to check out the free tour of the city:
http://www.changiairport.com/at-chan...singapore-tour
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:06 am

definitely don't want to spend my 12 hours only at the airport...
And you shouldn't!

That said, Changi is definitely not the worst airport to be stuck at for 12 hours. You can watch full-length feature films for free at one of its movie theatres, explore the "Nature Trail" (my personal favourite! ), go swimming, hit the gym...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.