Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Singapore Marina Bay Sands Hotel

Singapore Marina Bay Sands Hotel

Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:37 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Be aware the pool is closed during thunderstorms (or imminent threat thereof) ... which is pretty common most afternoons in Singapore some months. So if its a must do and you only have one day best to try for morning or mid-day. The club is quite nice as it overloooks the pool and has good champagne (pricey in Singapore).
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Originally Posted by number_6
Be aware the pool is closed during thunderstorms (or imminent threat thereof) ... which is pretty common most afternoons in Singapore some months. So if its a must do and you only have one day best to try for morning or mid-day. The club is quite nice as it overloooks the pool and has good champagne (pricey in Singapore).
Appreciate the heads-up and advice.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:29 am

Debating between MBS or just going with Intercontinental. Will be using points for IHG and Travel miles (Barclay +cash) to fund MBS.

Should I go with IHG instead or is the Pool really a must go/must see?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
I vote for MBS. The pool is everything. If I knew how to upload a video I would. The club rooms are great too
Old Feb 9, 2017, 3:36 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The IC is very ordinary. MBS is special in being unique in the world and the club rooms are suitably luxuriious though expensive -- the regular rooms are ordinary, as you'd expect as there are 2000 of them) . Otherwise I like to stay at Fullerton Bay (which has a fine view of MBS).
Old Feb 9, 2017, 4:34 pm

Bit the bullet and booked 2 nights at the MBS. We don't plan on returning to Singapore again (near future) so splurging a little more.

Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by ponickka
Bit the bullet and booked 2 nights at the MBS. We don't plan on returning to Singapore again (near future) so splurging a little more.

Thanks
There is a rooftop bar called Altitude at the top (60th) floor of 1 Raffles Place. Great view of the city, including a nice view of MBS. $30 a person (includes first drink, which'll average $15 per drink here in person, so really $15 to go up). I my friend was staying at MBS and spent two days in the pool... then when we finally had a chance to meet up she loved being able to see the pool from Altitude.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, KF Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ponickka
Debating between MBS or just going with Intercontinental. Will be using points for IHG and Travel miles (Barclay +cash) to fund MBS.

Should I go with IHG instead or is the Pool really a must go/must see?
I would really really counsel against MBS. Not worth the price or aggravation. There's nothing to the property beyond the pool.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:18 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
MBS very nice rooms and staff. With great club lounge and gym. Sauna and hot tub have great views. Pool highly overrated and filthy. Crowded and the most unhygienic pool I have ever seen. Nice to see once. After that hard to justify at the rates they charge
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by gav0106
MBS very nice rooms and staff. With great club lounge and gym. Sauna and hot tub have great views. Pool highly overrated and filthy. Crowded and the most unhygienic pool I have ever seen. Nice to see once. After that hard to justify at the rates they charge
^^^^^

Stayed for 2 nights and paid for the Premium King room. While the place is nice and the pool is a plus, I don't see myself returning to this hotel given the rate
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
We're planning a trip to Singapore/Malaysia and wanted to stay here for one day (two days top) just for the pool and spend a few more nights using points at a different hotel. Now, we're a family of 5 (3 kids). I'm so confused as to what type of room to book. They have a family room, but it says for 2 adults and 2 kids. Would they allow a 3rd child with an additional cost? Is there a way to partially fund this hotel with points/cash back cc? Barclays Arrival is the only thing that came to mind
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by icemaker
I would really really counsel against MBS. Not worth the price or aggravation. There's nothing to the property beyond the pool.
I wasn't that fussed bynthe pool. I must be in the minority. I was not a fan of this hotel.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Don't they have some kind of an observation deck open to the public -- that is people who aren't staying at the hotel?

Or is that the pool and the area around it?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:56 am

Yes there is observation desk I think around 20$ per person not sure.
Also there is entrance to the club on the pool floor including drink but know how much
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:12 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
The cheapest way to get to the top of MBS is to go to Ku Te Da and order one glass of wine for $18.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.