Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Lounge at Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2010, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by c1mth0g
On the Eastbound (JFK-FRA-SIN), do you know if there is a need to clear security to make a lounge visit?
BTW, as an update to this post, and the replies from late 2009: the response that you do not need to clear security is no longer true. If you are a through passenger on SQ25, you will deplane, walk through a corridor which has been constructed within the former concourse that extends out to B45/B46/B48, go up one flight to the second level (where Immigration is located), then around to the west, past Immigration, and back out toward the B20 pier, only on the upper level. That level is now sealed off, and a large transfer security area occupies the space. You pass through this transfer security -- no liquids in carry-ons, please -- to emerge upstairs where the Kaufmann restaurant is located. If you go back around toward the B40s, you reach the Senator Lounge, as before, and if you continue downstairs, also as before, you pass through what's left of the old concourse out to B45, B46 and the LH Business Lounge. B42 and B48 are currently under rebuild, but when complete, the entire pier will segregate arriving and transfer passengers from departing ones.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Bitterroot
BTW, as an update to this post, and the replies from late 2009: the response that you do not need to clear security is no longer true. If you are a through passenger on SQ25, you will deplane, walk through a corridor which has been constructed within the former concourse that extends out to B45/B46/B48, go up one flight to the second level (where Immigration is located), then around to the west, past Immigration, and back out toward the B20 pier, only on the upper level. That level is now sealed off, and a large transfer security area occupies the space. You pass through this transfer security -- no liquids in carry-ons, please -- to emerge upstairs where the Kaufmann restaurant is located. If you go back around toward the B40s, you reach the Senator Lounge, as before, and if you continue downstairs, also as before, you pass through what's left of the old concourse out to B45, B46 and the LH Business Lounge. B42 and B48 are currently under rebuild, but when complete, the entire pier will segregate arriving and transfer passengers from departing ones.
When you say no liquids, do you mean not any at all or can one take the 3-1-1 baggie (as is allowed in the US and at SIN and NRT) through security at Frankfurt?

Also, is there a separate transfer security line (SQ 25/26) at this airport for FC and business class passengers?
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When you say no liquids, do you mean not any at all or can one take the 3-1-1 baggie (as is allowed in the US and at SIN and NRT) through security at Frankfurt?

Also, is there a separate transfer security line (SQ 25/26) at this airport for FC and business class passengers?
You can bring liquids similar to 3-1-1 regulations as you mentioned.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The transfer security is set up -- with signage -- to have a separate line for F and J pax. Whether it's manned as such is a function of how many people are transferring at one time. When I've gone through it as a passenger on SQ 25, the lines have been short, and the difference isn't significant.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: AC SE (2008-2013), SPG Platinum (06-NOW)
Originally Posted by acey
Yes quite ironic in a way. *G on Y class gets privileges than non*G on J class.

^+1
the German appriciate more loyality and frequency than a non-frequent J
Furthermore, no one are elligible to use LH first class lounge unless we are flying LH or LX first.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:28 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Any updates on lounges available to SQ F pax departing for NYC?

Will be arriving from AUH on LH in J connecting to SQ26 in F to JFK & am *G with BD/TG. Thanks.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Any updates on lounges available to SQ F pax departing for NYC?

Will be arriving from AUH on LH in J connecting to SQ26 in F to JFK & am *G with BD/TG. Thanks.
Given you're flying F, you should be fine to enter The Private Room in the F lounge.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:00 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by flashware
Given you're flying F, you should be fine to enter The Private Room in the F lounge.
I will be departing FRA to JFK in F on SQ26.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Oops, sorry! Read it wrong. Been a long day

I assume you'll be able to head over to the LH First Class terminal and use the facilities there.. but I've never done so myself, so hopefully someone else can confirm.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by NoY
You can use the LH Senator lounge above B-42 in Terminal 1 -- but keep in mind it's a hike from the C gates that SQ26 uses, and there's a security check between (unless they've done that in).

If you come in off LH, you'll probably dock at A or B anyway, so the lounge is enroute to C -- if you have the connection time...................
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:20 am
NoY

Thanks guys. Yes, ther are 2 hours connect time at FRA. OK, I thought it was the SEN lounge. Ouch! Is it sad? Or better than most other SEN lounge dumps Thanks.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Thanks guys. Yes, ther are 2 hours connect time at FRA. OK, I thought it was the SEN lounge. Ouch! Is it sad? Or better than most other SEN lounge dumps Thanks.
Slightly OT but yes, I found the SEN lounge @ TXL ... average! I believe free Wifi is coming soon, though?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by NoY
I don't think it's in "sad" shape; it's not elegant, but there are floor-to-ceiling windows looking out to the 7-25 runways, the seats are OK, and there's lots of food.

The biggest complaint is that it's often crowded. Lots of LH short-haul J passengers get to use it because they have status. It might not be bad early in the AM. I'm usually there during SQ 25's layover, which is mid-day, and in the middle of an LH bank -- it's a mess then.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:29 am
NoY

Originally Posted by Bitterroot
I don't think it's in "sad" shape; it's not elegant, but there are floor-to-ceiling windows looking out to the 7-25 runways, the seats are OK, and there's lots of food.

The biggest complaint is that it's often crowded. Lots of LH short-haul J passengers get to use it because they have status. It might not be bad early in the AM. I'm usually there during SQ 25's layover, which is mid-day, and in the middle of an LH bank -- it's a mess then.
Thanks, will feedback myself very soon..should not be too crowded at 7.00am I hope....
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:14 am
NoY

Originally Posted by NoY
Thanks, will feedback myself very soon..should not be too crowded at 7.00am I hope....
Ok visited this morning - and it's not bad at all Fresh & bright plus virtually empty at 7.15-ish. What a hike from the SQ gate though Anyway a pleasent experience in the actual lounge ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.