Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer mileage to nominee account

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2009, 7:14 pm

Programs: SQ*G, BA, DL
Originally Posted by dazz81
be aware UNDER 12's CAN NOT book online. Must be done through membership services, UNLESS a nominee is flying together with them on the same flight. that won't be possible as their is too few miles in the account.
Thanks for the add. Indeed, if your kids are under 12, and want to redeem for THEMSELVES, it seems like OP needs another flight or two for the kids before some real use can come out of those 11,400 miles... But since 11,400 shld be within 70% of 15,000 (the barest minimum for a round trip on KF), the other alternative is to top up for 4000 miles (US$160). Again, not worth it.

Just to be sure, can't the child redeem for the parent online (and therefore enjoy the 25%/50% discount)? (that's what I was originally meaning)
Old Feb 15, 2009, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your response. KrisFlyer should allow to transer mileage or atleast for the dependent childs.

Anyway, we are based in Sydney and planning our next trip to Auckland. Considering each of us have 11400 point and trip to NZ will cost around 22000 points (after 15% online discount).

Any idea about prefered options (buying mileages or special fares offered online)?

Regards,
MA
Old Feb 15, 2009, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the response.

I live in Sydney and planning to travel to Auckland. About 22000 points require to travel to Syd-Auckland and we have 11400 each.

Considering I can not transfer mileage of my kids (bit shame), not sure what are the best options available to us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.