Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Using KrisFlyer Miles to Book Award on Virgin Atlantic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2006, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

I called KrisFlyer yesterday to try and book a COMPANION award on VS Premium Economy for HKG-LHR round-trip. The agent told me that this was not possible because, in all his years working for SQ, no one has booked a companion award. It was only full redemption awards that he had handled. I politely told him that, just because he didn't handle this case before doesn't mean that it wasn't possible; I then referred him to the SQ website which shows the award chart for VS. This does show companion award available on Premium Econ. He then put me on hold for 5 minutes while he checked with various people in the office, but no one seemed to know. He then took my contact details and promised to call me back.

He did call me back just now, and said that companion awards are possible, but only on Upper Class. I asked him, then why does the SQ website show that Premium econ is avaialble? He just said that the website was wrong, and would not let me book the companion award.

Does anyone have a definitive answer? Is the KrisFlyer agent right, or is he just not knowledgeable enough?
Old Sep 11, 2006, 9:39 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
You got a crap agent. The VS award chart clearly says Premium Economy companion awards are available:

• Qualifying fare levels for Premium Economy companion tickets include
any full Premium Economy fare booked in W or S class, excluding APEX
and excursion type, seat sale or any other special/promotional type
Premium Economy fares purchased through a tour operator.

• Qualifying fare levels for Upper Class companion tickets include any full
Premium Economy fare booked in J class, excluding Z class APEX and
excursion type, seat sale or any other special/promotional type Upper
Class fares purchased through a tour operator.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVP, TK Gold, Bonvoy Titatium
Angry No VS award seats for a whole year

I just hang up phone with KF agent and was advice VS no longer release award seats to KF. Nobody can answer how long this situation will last. Why don't KF just remove VS chart from their partner?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Its has always been difficult to get VS award thru KF, even back in the days when SQ actually owned 49% of VS. I never managed to get anything. Other ppl may have better experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.