Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK to FRA with suites

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:15 am

If you're ultimate goal is to fly in Suites the easiest thing is to just transfer your Amex MRs to Krisflyer and leave them there until you're ready to book. They will expire after 36 months though so that's one thing to be aware of. Once the MRs are zeroed out you can cancel your card.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by terbangalways
If you issued a confirmed 5/30/2018 today on 6/15/2017, you could only push your travel date latest to 6/14/2018. Hope this clarifies?
Is there some way to change the travel date to a later date for an additional fee? Or is it completely impossible to change a travel date past 1 year of the date of booking?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
If you're ultimate goal is to fly in Suites the easiest thing is to just transfer your Amex MRs to Krisflyer and leave them there until you're ready to book. They will expire after 36 months though so that's one thing to be aware of. Once the MRs are zeroed out you can cancel your card.
Thanks for this information. That's definitely what I'll do then. I have family in New York and will definitely be there again if not once a year at least 2 years later. I for some reason thought that the miles expire after 1 year.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by tschmid89
Is there some way to change the travel date to a later date for an additional fee? Or is it completely impossible to change a travel date past 1 year of the date of booking?
I have never tried to bend this rule. LOL.
What i did was cancel entirely, and rebook. USD30 to redeposit miles. Miles will be credited back within the hour.
Best is to book any date you could find available, then change etc. If you can't fly within 1 year. You could cancel and rebook. Don't think SQ will devalue anytime soon as they have just did it March 23rd.

And of course fingers crossed that JFK will remain A388. I've got a Suites booking for next year that I'm pending on new Suites.

Last edited by terbangalways; Jun 15, 2017 at 9:26 am
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:37 am

I've never had SQ miles post that fast after cancellation, anything in particular you tell them to get it that fast?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Nihar Shah
I've never had SQ miles post that fast after cancellation, anything in particular you tell them to get it that fast?
Just tell KF that you are looking to use the miles to rebook an immediate availability. They will get the permission necessary to redeposit the miles back asap
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Perhaps this is new, as my miles from a recent call in cancellation were redeposited in a couple of hours. I did not ask for any expedited processing.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
I want to do this route too. Which direction has the better first class departure lounge? In JFK or in FRA?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I want to do this route too. Which direction has the better first class departure lounge? In JFK or in FRA?
Pretty sure the Virgin Clubhouse in JFK will be a better departure lounge for those flying SQ First & Suites.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by SFO777
Perhaps this is new, as my miles from a recent call in cancellation were redeposited in a couple of hours. I did not ask for any expedited processing.
My most recent cancellation was on 5th June, and the miles only redeposited on 8th June (called in to SG call center but didn't ask for expedited redeposit).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.