Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

booking UA domestic flight from Krisflyer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

booking UA domestic flight from Krisflyer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Post booking UA domestic flight from Krisflyer

Trying to book a one-way UA flight from SFO to EWR.
on United website, what fare class should I be looking at?
I assume Krisflyer can only book UA flight with O, I or X class correct?
None of them are available +/- 2 weeks of my intended travel date.

everyone saying us domestic flight through Krisflyer is a good deal but I couldn't find any Am I looking the right way?

Last edited by kithytom; Apr 25, 2017 at 10:11 am
Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this a cash fare or are you looking for an award flight?
Why do you want to book via Krisflyer?
Why not book on the UA web site?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Is this a cash fare or are you looking for an award flight?
Why do you want to book via Krisflyer?
Why not book on the UA web site?
to clarify, I was checking award flight availability of UA flight on UA website. But not sure which fare codes I should be looking at for Krisflyer star alliance partner redemption.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Originally Posted by kithytom
to clarify, I was checking award flight availability of UA flight on UA website. But not sure which fare codes I should be looking at for Krisflyer star alliance partner redemption.
Try the ANA tool for searching, it should show you the same availability that SQ has. Though to be honest I have never looked at it for domestic US flights.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:35 am

In my experience, UA domestic flights usually have the same inventory on both UA and other *A carriers. I was looking at a 4 tickets and booked 2 using my A3 miles first and the inventory (of 2 tickets) disappeared when trying to book using UA miles. You should be looking at saver redemption on UA site. I've tried using AC site to look, which gives the same inventory too. Didn't try to book with KF miles though.

While it might not be such a good deal, there's more availability on VX flights. For the dates I require, UA seems to be out of redemption options, at least in first class and I require 4 seats(20k KF miles one way per ticket), but was able to get VX Main cabin select (same economy class seats, but bulkhead and with other perks) at 29k KF miles one way per ticket. It's like a 4 hr flight anyway, and it is more of the perks (supposedly priority security) I'm looking for, since I'm travelling with kids.

Last edited by fone; Apr 25, 2017 at 8:48 am
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by kithytom
Am I looking the right way?
Yes. X, I, O is UA's award fare classes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.