Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

I see that A380 F is still there from LAX-ICN? [No]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

I just learned that the KrisFlyer miles I've been collecting cannot be used on the A380 suite on LAX-ICN route.

Is the 777 F worth the miles over the business class?

Last edited by dkjb3t4; Mar 13, 2017 at 2:06 am
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:12 am

They don't fly the A380 on that route. It's a B777. The only A380 route left in the US is JFK-FRA-SIN.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
They don't fly the A380 on that route. It's a B777. The only A380 route left in the US is JFK-FRA-SIN.
I must have searched something wrong then.
So there is no more way to use A380 first class out of or to LAX?

That is a huge bummer. Now I don't really have a good use for my Citi ThankYou Points.

Last edited by dkjb3t4; Mar 13, 2017 at 1:36 am
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:02 am

JFK is New York which is still in the US.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
LOL!!!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:36 am
Original Poster

JFK is New York which is still in the US.
Sorry! I meant to type LAX. I guess no more first class suite options for my routes.
Very sad.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Partner award on OZ? That's the only A380 F between LAX and ICN. Probably not the same as suites though ...
Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lokijuh
Partner award on OZ? That's the only A380 F between LAX and ICN. Probably not the same as suites though ...
How do I get OZ flights with Citi TYP?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by dkjb3t4
How do I get OZ flights with Citi TYP?
SQ and OZ are both in Star Alliance so you can book OZ flights with Krisflyer miles. You have to follow the Star Alliance Award Chart for SQ which doesn't have the 15% online booking discount. But that's going away next week anyway so it might be similar redemption rates. Just remember to transfer the miles ahead of time because it takes a few days for Citi to transfer to SQ. But the downside is if you transfer and never find OZ availability you're stuck with SQ miles.

Is your ultimate goal to fly LAX-ICN or to fly Singapore Suites? Because if it's the latter you could go JFK-SIN-ICN. It will require more miles than the award chart states but Suites is an amazing experience and definitely worth it.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:38 am
Original Poster

SQ and OZ are both in Star Alliance so you can book OZ flights with Krisflyer miles. You have to follow the Star Alliance Award Chart for SQ which doesn't have the 15% online booking discount. But that's going away next week anyway so it might be similar redemption rates. Just remember to transfer the miles ahead of time because it takes a few days for Citi to transfer to SQ. But the downside is if you transfer and never find OZ availability you're stuck with SQ miles.

Is your ultimate goal to fly LAX-ICN or to fly Singapore Suites? Because if it's the latter you could go JFK-SIN-ICN. It will require more miles than the award chart states but Suites is an amazing experience and definitely worth it.
Thanks for the advice!
My goal was to fly Singapore Suites, which sounds really cool, but I'm not willing to change my routes just for that experience.

For instance, I have no plans to go from JFK to ICN and would have to make specific plans just to take the SQ suites, which doesn't appeal to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.