trying to mix and f and C award online

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
trying to mix and f and C award online

Dear SQ Sages,

I'm trying to book an award from Auckland to Hong Kong via Singapore. If I book in business, it shows a same-day connection. If I try to book in first however, The booking engine forces an overnight connection – because the second leg doesn't offer a first-class cabin.

Any hints on how to book this online with the first lrg in first and the second leg in business? Can this only be done over the phone? – At the higher non-discounted level?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Edited to add… The same occurs if I attempt to do revenue travel.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:54 pm

You have to call in to book mixed awards. But request the 15% discount. They will still give it since it can't be booked online. Just ask nicely. And HUCA if needed.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
You have to call in to book mixed awards. But request the 15% discount. They will still give it since it can't be booked online. Just ask nicely. And HUCA if needed.
Thank you!

Additional question. If I book the C award, which is available, can I waitlist the first segment for the F award? Would that allow the discount?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:28 pm

That I'm not sure. I think you'd have to book One award as C and separate mixed waitlisted award. But I assume even if waitlisted any mixed itinerary will get the discount by phone since it can't be booked online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.