Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Award Waitlist Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Question SQ Award Waitlist Upgrade?

My husband and I are planning to fly LAX to NRT next year around December. Ideally we wanted to fly first class on Singapore to Tokyo and business class returning, but we would be happy with business both legs.

Can I book a waitlist for first having the available miles in my account and then book both business class tickets, one being an the same flight as the first class waitlist?

Assuming that's possible, do I need to keep the difference in miles available in my account (where they will probably never be used if we don't get approved) or would I have enough time to transfer the points from Chase if we get the waitlist acceptance email?

Thank you for any information you can provide. We've learned so much from this community and we very much appreciate it.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:28 am

Have you read through the following thread? This is a commonly asked question.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1201329-how-likely-waitlisted-awards-clear.html

Have sufficient miles for your first class. Otherwise you won't be able to waitlist. Waitlist your first class, and ticket your business class.

If your waitlist materializes call SQ and ask them to cancel the ticket, redeposit the miles immediately so that you can ticket your confirmed ticket.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

thanks, I had perused the thread but didn't see anything come up in a search about doing this for the same flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.