Search

SQ Upgrade Availability - SQ25

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:33 pm
soy
Original Poster

Programs: various
SQ Upgrade Availability - SQ25

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but I have not been able to locate it on a search.

Am I correct in thinking that upgrades book into a different class than straight awards, and if so is there any way to see this availability?

I am thinking of buying JFK-SIN in the current PE sale, but only if I am sure I can use my Krisflyer miles to upgrade into Biz. Am looking for 4 seats.

From what I can see, there is little to no chance of getting 4x straight saver biz awards in I bucket, so unless upgrades book into a different fare bucket, I should give up.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Best is to call up KF and ask them which class bucket is eligible for upgrades.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:26 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by soy
Am I correct in thinking that upgrades book into a different class than straight awards, and if so is there any way to see this availability?
SQ Award & Upgrade Booking Classes are the same.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by KVS
SQ Award & Upgrade Booking Classes are the same.
Correct and not correct: while the letter of the booking class is the same (e.g. I for Biz), SQ has sub-buckets and when you see awards online that doesn't mean upgrades are available (especially for saver).
Old Sep 21, 2016, 7:08 am

Really? I've always been able to upgrade provided there's saver space in F. So basically I've just been lucky every single time?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:00 pm
soy
Original Poster

Programs: various
Originally Posted by SMK77
Correct and not correct: while the letter of the booking class is the same (e.g. I for Biz), SQ has sub-buckets and when you see awards online that doesn't mean upgrades are available (especially for saver).
Ok thanks, so that is even worse. If only a subset of I class is open for PE upgrades, then there is no hope for SQ25.
It seems there is very little I class available for JFK-SIN next June
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:20 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by soy
Ok thanks, so that is even worse. If only a subset of I class is open for PE upgrades, then there is no hope for SQ25.
It seems there is very little I class available for JFK-SIN next June
SIN-JFK is a very popular route for redemptions so it's hard to come back. You gotta book way early I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.