Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAH-DME: Help me decide between F and J

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by TMM1982
I think I may need to book this route soon as 10/30 is the last day?
If your just going from IAH_Moscow, then consider LH, LX or AF. while the last segment is in J, the first class on the long segment is very nice on these 3 carriers, all 3 have excellent FCLs in their European gateways, and depending on schedule you can get at the least a free night and at most a free stop in Paris, Frankfurt or Zurich. EK also has all 380 service from IAH-DME 7 you can stop in Dubai along the way

***I believe some LH & LX flights still also fly into SHERMETEVO Much closer to downtown Moscow then the never ending traffic from DME
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Yea the issue with LH F is that it requires a lot more points than SQ F (and since they're fairly equivalent), it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Booked SQ F for the IAH-DME route in September.

Last edited by TMM1982; Jul 22, 2016 at 5:49 pm
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:43 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Yea the issue with LH F is that it requires a lot more points than SQ F (and since they're fairly equivalent), it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Booked SQ F for the IAH-DME route in September.
Yeah. If your using miles then obviously whoever costs less should win. I was talking about paid fares. If your using miles (unless you have a ton of them), then LH makes no sense, especially as you can't book in advance & LX I believe only releases F TO ITS OWN FREQUENT FLYERS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.