Wiki Posts
Search

20 Hour transit in SIN, checked bags?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

20 Hour transit in SIN, checked bags?

Hello,
I am flying AMS-SIN-SYD on one booking with a 20 hour transit in SIN on SQ. Am I right in thinking my bags will be checked all the way through to SYD so I can have a sleep in the transit hotel and then visit Singapore without having to worry about collecting my checked bags?
Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 5:23 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HPSOV
Hello,
I am flying AMS-SIN-SYD on one booking with a 20 hour transit in SIN on SQ. Am I right in thinking my bags will be checked all the way through to SYD so I can have a sleep in the transit hotel and then visit Singapore without having to worry about collecting my checked bags?
Thanks.
Yes, they will be checked through to SYD.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:20 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HPSOV
Hello,
Thanks.
Suitcase question has been answered.

Don't forget about the free city tour.

You will also be given a SGD40 transit voucher which you will be able to redeem in the transit lounge (Ambassador Transit Lounge, Terminal 2 and 3 Departure Transit Lounge) - here is an external link.
The vouchers can also be redeemed in most of the food/duty free outlets.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Suitcase question has been answered.

Don't forget about the free city tour.

You will also be given a SGD40 transit voucher which you will be able to redeem in the transit lounge (Ambassador Transit Lounge, Terminal 2 and 3 Departure Transit Lounge) - here is an external link.
The vouchers can also be redeemed in most of the food/duty free outlets.
Yes and no.

You're given two S$20 vouchers. Previously, you could use both anywhere at Changi that accepted them, including the transit hotel. However, the conditions have no changed. The second of the S$20 vouchers are now only redeemable for liquor, tobacco, perfume, or cosmetics.
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...sit-programme/

Be aware that lines can be long.

Still a nice little deal.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:46 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sol95
Yes and no.

You're given two S$20 vouchers. Previously, you could use both anywhere at Changi that accepted them, including the transit hotel. However, the conditions have no changed. The second of the S$20 vouchers are now only redeemable for liquor, tobacco, perfume, or cosmetics.
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...sit-programme/

Be aware that lines can be long.

Still a nice little deal.
Thanks for the correction!
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.