Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changi priority for biz class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:11 am

I flew out of changi terminal 2 at 4pm on Monday.

The automated gates were empty but entry staff were directing those not eligible to use another departure area as the queues were quite big. Not sure how long people waited as I used the automated gate, but some queues had 15-20 people.

However even with that many people it doesn't take long as the immigration staff are quite efficient on checking passports.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
There were approximately 20 departures between 6 am and 7am. No line at up at check in desk 5 so only took minutes. At Immigration there was about 4 manned lines and a couple of self check gates. There was only about 5 people in each queue. Took about 10 minutes from time I left the check in desk to getting through.

I got to airport at about 5.30 am.

Thanks for the advice folks.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Changi does not have a First Class terminal.
Because when you drive up it is very private I called it a terminal.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Because when you drive up it is very private I called it a terminal.
For SQ J, only dedicated check-in counters. Everything else (immigration, gate security) you queue with the plebs
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shuigao
For SQ J, only dedicated check-in counters. Everything else (immigration, gate security) you queue with the plebs
Plebs.. lol I was "economising" going J instead of F!
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Star Alliance website is showing that there is a premium lane for Star Gold members and those in F and J class in Terminal 2 and 3. But I don't recall seeing such arrangements:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/gold-track

Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by hclee01
Star Alliance website is showing that there is a premium lane for Star Gold members and those in F and J class in Terminal 2 and 3.
Premier Access? Sounds like it's referring to UA flights. Last I checked UA-operated flights only depart out of T2, however, so this doesn't make complete sense either.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by chisquared
Premier Access? Sounds like it's referring to UA flights. Last I checked UA-operated flights only depart out of T2, however, so this doesn't make complete sense either.
UA moved from T3 to T2 sometime in May so odds are the *A website hasn't updated itself yet (as usual).

Similarly the Premium Lane in T2 is probably some sort of arrangement for some other *A airline that's not SQ.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Phaze
No, she's referring to the dedicated first class check-in sections in T3 and T2. Not a terminal as such.
Do you mean the SQ first class and suites check in lounge in T3 with it's own entrance?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 1:19 am

Yeah.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:54 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Terminal 3 First Class Check in

Name:  IMG_2469.jpg
Views: 2145
Size:  452.4 KB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.