Wiki Posts
Search

struggling to find use for KF points

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:09 am
Original Poster

struggling to find use for KF points

Hi,

This is a bit of a rant, but maybe I am missing something.

I have 26000 KF points expiring this month. I have been looking at booking flights I will be taking during the months of February, March and April next year.

MEL - WLG - SRG - MEL - TPE

I've been comparing the cost of booking flights directly and the fees charged on top of points by SG and it is not advantageous to use points because there are flights available for the same cost or below as the fees charged by SG.

I know I am not a frequent flyer, and i have rarely had the opportunity to fly business, but there is not much incentive here for me.

By comparison QF reward flights seem to charge about half the additional costs compared to SG.

I'm not expecting any magic bullet, but insights would be appreciated so that I can better understand where the benefits are that i am missing.

cheers
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
I don't think you're missing anything major for your circumstances, unfortunately.

KF miles are really only useful for redeeming premium cabin awards on SQ, but I guess that doesn't really apply to your situation. (Premium cabin awards are much harder to come by with SQ using miles with other *A programmes.)

Other than this, I'd say KF is strictly dominated by most other *A FF programmes.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by chisquared
I don't think you're missing anything major for your circumstances, unfortunately.

KF miles are really only useful for redeeming premium cabin awards on SQ, but I guess that doesn't really apply to your situation. (Premium cabin awards are much harder to come by with SQ using miles with other *A programmes.)

Other than this, I'd say KF is strictly dominated by most other *A FF programmes.
SQ KF miles are also reasonably good for inter-american redemptions on *alliance carriers like UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.