Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

LAX-SIN - Would you downgrade to J from F?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G

Hi,

New here but have always found this a great resource so thanks much.

I am booked on award flights on the SIN-NRT-LAX flight, SQ11 for April next year and was recently 'downgraded' with the aircraft change from A380 (Suites) to what i guess will be 777WN (F)

There is currently Saver availability to 'downgrade' the two of us to J from F and get back 50k miles. Pretty tempting - I have done Suites and regularly fly SQ J but have not tried the 777 First product.

Thoughts, is the 777 F worth a go for the 50k or is it as close to the J product as i think.

NB: Normally id go straight to J but it'll be a special occasion (1st wedding anniversary) & this is a daytime flight, so plenty of time to enjoy the better soft product (by that i mean red wine and krug)....

Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: SQ PPS Golden Circle Diamond
Hi Flyer 5454.

Its very objective, I have done both using points. 1st, better service, PJ's and more food selections. However, SQ is placing more of a focus on J class food and service, part of the world wide trend in ending 1st class products across many airlines. For me having done it, I would do J and save the points for another trip. If you do J try and get the seats directly behind 1st (8 seats only) so its kinda got a 1st feeling the remaining J class area is a tad large.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Club, HHonors Diamond
Stick with First Class! Enjoy The Private Room upon departure. I have always liked F more than Suites. There are only 8 seats in F compared to 12 in Suites, which makes it more exclusive in my opinion.

I find the Suites too closed off from the cabin. But that's just a personal opinion. On this route F is often not fully booked, so you will get great personal attention. If empty seats are available, they often make up the bed in another seat for you.

Whatever you decide: have a great flight!
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Beolab
Stick with First Class! Enjoy The Private Room upon departure. I have always liked F more than Suites. There are only 8 seats in F compared to 12 in Suites, which makes it more exclusive in my opinion.

I find the Suites too closed off from the cabin. But that's just a personal opinion. On this route F is often not fully booked, so you will get great personal attention. If empty seats are available, they often make up the bed in another seat for you.

Whatever you decide: have a great flight!
Minor correction: 4F not 8F on the new 77WN — not sure if that's a plus or minus though. Smaller cabin = better service but more likely that it'll be full.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:29 am

If the new AC has 2013 J seat and you can get bulkhead seats then may worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.