Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ to launch non-stop A350 flights SIN-SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ to launch non-stop A350 flights SIN-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by nov11
New schedule is out:

SIN-LAX

SQ7 LAX1630 - 2220+1 ICN 0010 - 0540SIN
SQ8 SIN0245 - 1005 ICN 1135 - 0545LAX

SQ11 LAX0900 - 1345+1 NRT 1500 - 2140SIN
SQ12 SIN0920 - 1705 NRT 1850 - 1150LAX

SIN-SFO

SQ31 SFO0835 - 1820+1SIN
SQ32 SIN0830 - 0705SFO

SQ1 0005SFO - 0700+1 HKG 0800 - 1200SIN
SQ2 SIN1830 - 2215 HKG 2340 - 1940SFO
Note that those times are for the Northern Winter timetable, after the end of US Daylight Saving Time on 6 November. Between 23 October and 30 October there's another set of schedules, and between 30 October and 5 November yet another.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: HH, IHG
Change for April 2017

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I just got an email that my seats 3C/3D have been changed to 1C/1D on the 77W. Is this for the 3-class version or the 4-class version? According to seatguru, the 3 class version has 8 F seats and the 4-class has 4 "suites". I know neither is the A380 suite, so what's the difference 3 vs 4 class F?
I am in the EXACT same boat! Booked 3C, 3D for the double bed experience NRT-LAX, now were in 1C, 1D. I'm sure it'll be an amazing flight, but we kinda built the whole trip to Tokyo around the suite experience.

Someone tell me it'll all be ok! Haha kinda just mad I got an unexpected change, but that's how it goes. I guess I won't be as upset if the seats are all new. What will these seats look like? Will this be a new plane and new product or just the 77 from a different route shifted over?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
LAX-ICN-SIN departs later in the day.
Doesn't help if your destination is NRT.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum
Has anyone called to change their flights based on the emails they sent out this morning?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:50 am

I called and asked to be moved to the JFK in suites. It currently shows waitlist for my dates and at least 4 seats for sale on expert flyer. On the seatmap, only 2 or 8 seats occupied. They told me it was "full".

Next, I asked to be moved from the LAX-NRT-SIN to the LAX-ICN-SIN because the times are much better for my itinerary and are basically the same as what was booked (the time change for NRT causes me to have two overnights in airports instead of none). They waitlisted me and sent an email to revenue.

I am thinking that they should at least waitlist me for the JFK and then they should force through the change for the later flight. It seems fair that I should be kept on the closest thing to my original booking (in terms of cities and times) for no additional charge. I am going to call back and push harder on it.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:56 am

Based on posts here, it seems that everybody who was booked for an F seat on the LAX flights after October was able to keep F in the new 77W flights. Are there any reports of someone who had F on the A380 being downgraded to J on 77W? Someone reports being bumped to the next day, likely due to the 4 seats being filled. Is this how SQ plans on preventing overbooking flights?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
My general advice to address your downgauge pain is to enjoy a full portion of Lobster Thermidor for breakfast after your morning LAX departure on SQ11.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Based on posts here, it seems that everybody who was booked for an F seat on the LAX flights after October was able to keep F in the new 77W flights. Are there any reports of someone who had F on the A380 being downgraded to J on 77W? Someone reports being bumped to the next day, likely due to the 4 seats being filled. Is this how SQ plans on preventing overbooking flights?
I had
LAX - NRT : Waitlist F confirmed J
NRT - SIN : Confirmed F
SIN - LAX : Confirmed F

They reconfirmed me on the 777-300ER switch with the same classes confirmed and wait listed. I asked them since they switched my flights on the way out and changed from the suite if they could move the LAX- NRT F to confirmed. They said theres nothing they could do. I then asked for a chaser and they said they would submit. But now with 2 of the 4 F seats already taken rather than 2 of 12 suites, I doubt we will ever clear that waitlist.

Although more bummed about no suite the whole return SIN-LAX flight.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
My general advice to address your downgauge pain is to enjoy a full portion of Lobster Thermidor for breakfast after your morning LAX departure on SQ11.
I know I know....but big difference between no overnights in airports and two overnights in airport.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by currid7
I am in the EXACT same boat! Booked 3C, 3D for the double bed experience NRT-LAX, now were in 1C, 1D. I'm sure it'll be an amazing flight, but we kinda built the whole trip to Tokyo around the suite experience.

Someone tell me it'll all be ok! Haha kinda just mad I got an unexpected change, but that's how it goes. I guess I won't be as upset if the seats are all new. What will these seats look like? Will this be a new plane and new product or just the 77 from a different route shifted over?
My understanding is these will be the new 777-300ER which is 4-class and has 1 row of F (which is really really nice) and have heard some argue it's better than suites....but less privacy, especially when on honeymoon.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by mike814
I called and asked to be moved to the JFK in suites. It currently shows waitlist for my dates and at least 4 seats for sale on expert flyer. On the seatmap, only 2 or 8 seats occupied. They told me it was "full".

Next, I asked to be moved from the LAX-NRT-SIN to the LAX-ICN-SIN because the times are much better for my itinerary and are basically the same as what was booked (the time change for NRT causes me to have two overnights in airports instead of none). They waitlisted me and sent an email to revenue.

I am thinking that they should at least waitlist me for the JFK and then they should force through the change for the later flight. It seems fair that I should be kept on the closest thing to my original booking (in terms of cities and times) for no additional charge. I am going to call back and push harder on it.
Was also finally able to waitlist for the JFK suites as well (though they said i'd have to pay the additional miles, which is fine, as JFK is cheaper for me to get to from MIA). The agent also made it seem like waitlist was just the process but that people will be accommodated due to schedule change and it's just taking them some time to sort it out (presumably starting with people who were booted from F to J).
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: HH, IHG
Originally Posted by mike814
My understanding is these will be the new 777-300ER which is 4-class and has 1 row of F (which is really really nice) and have heard some argue it's better than suites....but less privacy, especially when on honeymoon.
Interesting, thanks. Yea, I gotta be honest, the double bed was a major motivation, not only for sleep
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by currid7
Interesting, thanks. Yea, I gotta be honest, the double bed was a major motivation, not only for sleep
I'll be really honest with you and say, in my opinion, that double bed isn't all that great.

It's a murphy style bed and I didn't sleep that well with the bar from where it folds over was pushing into my back. Then the spring on the side of the bed was ready to scrape you leg if you weren't careful getting out of the bed. Plus it was SO HARD to sleep on.

We were booked from SIN - FRA - JFK. We were all excited for the double bed and then, on the second leg, wanted our own window seats. HAHA, not that were were sick of each other, just that the double bed is so much work and not that comfortable.

I know, I know, everyone loves the suites and the A380, but I'll be honest, I much prefer the 777 business class seat as to those suites.

Sure it was great, taking the pics and the experience, but after doing it, I'd rather do business than first.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
I'll be really honest with you and say, in my opinion, that double bed isn't all that great.

It's a murphy style bed and I didn't sleep that well with the bar from where it folds over was pushing into my back. Then the spring on the side of the bed was ready to scrape you leg if you weren't careful getting out of the bed. Plus it was SO HARD to sleep on.

We were booked from SIN - FRA - JFK. We were all excited for the double bed and then, on the second leg, wanted our own window seats. HAHA, not that were were sick of each other, just that the double bed is so much work and not that comfortable.

I know, I know, everyone loves the suites and the A380, but I'll be honest, I much prefer the 777 business class seat as to those suites.

Sure it was great, taking the pics and the experience, but after doing it, I'd rather do business than first.
Totally understand...it's a bucket list item (esp for honeymooners in the points and miles game). If i knew I couldn't get suites, I probably would have just redeemed J for less miles and used the other miles for another trip (but they have already been transferred to SQ so now I want the try the suites). Hopefully I get it for the JFK-FRA-SIN route.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:33 pm

nvm wrong thread.

Last edited by nomii; Jun 16, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.