Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ to launch non-stop A350 flights SIN-SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ to launch non-stop A350 flights SIN-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:34 pm

SIA's current LAX-Tokyo-Singapore route will also be served with B777-300ER aircraft from October 23, 2016, with an identical configuration in place of the existing A380, and will also offer passengers upgraded seating products in each cabin
I'm pretty sure this means identical configuration to the LAX-ICN-SIN 77W described in the paragraph above.

i.e.

The aircraft is configured with 264 seats in First Class, Business Class, Premium Economy and Economy Class cabins.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
What happens to my business class seating assignment on my flight from LA to Singapore that was previously on a A380?
They will sort it out for you. You still have Business Class seating. There is nothing worry about.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:37 pm

Anyone think SQ would change suites to JFK route for those of us "displaced". Also, what happens if you're booked in suites (12 seats) and changed to 77W with 4 F seats. On my flight, my 2 seats are the only 2 booked, but what if more are booked?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by TA
-- LAX-NRT-SIN (77W - but "with an identical configuration in place of the existing A380"?)
You've misread that line. The 'identical configuration' is with reference to the LAX-ICN-SIN flight mentioned above in the article.

That is, LAX-NRT-SIN will be on a 77W (instead of the existing A380) with the same config as the 77W on LAX-ICN-SIN.

[Edit: Reikon beat me to it. ]
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:06 pm

Good new: Luckily, I just flew A380 Suites LAX-NRT-SIN (it was awesome )
Bad new: What will happen to my current Suites waitlist NRT-LAX in Feb 2017 ???
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:31 pm

Hoping this means the new SIN-LAX flights on 77W will be using the new bought planes with a reduced First Class Cabin however we can just hope!
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:52 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mike814
Anyone think SQ would change suites to JFK route for those of us "displaced". Also, what happens if you're booked in suites (12 seats) and changed to 77W with 4 F seats. On my flight, my 2 seats are the only 2 booked, but what if more are booked?
Hoping they'll change me to the JFK flight. I'll call later tonight or tomorrow. Currently booked SIN-HND (overnight stopover) NRT-LAX.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by United747
Hoping they'll change me to the JFK flight. I'll call later tonight or tomorrow. Currently booked SIN-HND (overnight stopover) NRT-LAX.
Why would you do that? I would take the SIN-NRT-LAX on an 77W than the SIN-FRA-JFK any day of the week. You get full dinner service on the SIN-LAX route where only a reduced dinner service on the SIN-JFK. Also the flight times are much nicer flying into LAX..
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:10 pm

Singapore Airlines has not updated its schedule on its website.

As of now, you can still buy a ticket from SFO to ICN on October 23 and onward.

But I presume that SQ will update the schedule they make a big announcement in Singapore!

I am excited about flying A350 from SFO to SIN. I am onboard for the inaugural SFO-SIN flight.

Carfield
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:11 pm

Programs: Anything that still flies F
Any idea when these will be bookable? Hoping to get a couple J award seats when it opens up.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Why would you do that? I would take the SIN-NRT-LAX on an 77W than the SIN-FRA-JFK any day of the week. You get full dinner service on the SIN-LAX route where only a reduced dinner service on the SIN-JFK. Also the flight times are much nicer flying into LAX..
But you get a suite, and if flying with a partner, you get the "double bed".
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:38 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
I'd normally agree, I like the most direct route. But I want to try the suites.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mike814
Hard to say, but historically, whenever there's a plane change, revenue passengers are given priority over award passengers. Since your seats are already booked, they'll probably only sell the remaining two seats, but like I said, hard to say.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Less F seats to N. America
Old Jun 15, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K3MM
My SIN-LAX is after October 23rd in Suites - and it is a pretty full cabin - not sure what to do. Any advice?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.