Wiki Posts
Search

A380 J seat question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

A380 J seat question

Hello,

Does the business class seat on the a380 have a calf rest, like a lounger, in the seat that moves up under the legs when the back is reclined ? I cannot find an image anywhere. I only see fully upright or lie flat. The well foot rest under the tv screen seems a bit far from the seat for use when sitting up.

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2016, 12:03 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by Lrob
Does the business class seat on the a380 have a calf rest, like a lounger, in the seat that moves up under the legs when the back is reclined ?
Yes. When in seat-mode (as opposed to bed-mode) there's a calf rest which can be raised up (using seat controls) to near horizontal. When the seat back is folded forward and the seat goes into bed-mode, the calf rest isn't required.

It's a comfy seat... you'll be fine!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by hgp
When the seat back is folded forward and the seat goes into bed-mode, the calf rest isn't required.
By then the calf rest is tucked hidden completely under the flipped seat turned flat bed, and you cannot even reach it.
Old May 1, 2016, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies. I am in 93 in the back of the Bus. Hoping for a reasonably smooth ride as I haven't been past the wing in over a decade and don't much like a lot of bob and weave - I know it's pitch and yawl for the technical folks, but it sure feels like bob and weave to me!

Very excited to add both SA and the a380 to my list!
Old May 5, 2016, 2:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
When is your flight ? Is it very full ??
Are there no seats upfront ?
But should be ok where you are now anyway .

Do you mean SQ ?
Old May 5, 2016, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Yes. SQ 11 next Saturday. Business is very full. Just a few seats left. Looking forward to it!
Old May 5, 2016, 8:11 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...stions-12.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.