Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Need help deciding which seats to choose in F

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help deciding which seats to choose in F

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Some quick updates/ reviews

So we made the flight, flew ZHR and returned from AMS.

TPR was a nice experience, but the silence was deafening! Food was great, we had the lobster, fish, and burger. Satay was a bit over-rated and my wife had a splinter stuck in her throat, can't blame the staff for that though. I ended up ordering 3 bowls of the almond longan dessert which was really good. Service was attentive, had a nice shower before flight.

Boarding was excellent. Shown to our seats/ cabins(?) personally. Had a nice welcome champagne. They served caviar with lobsters, which was unexpected (I read caviar wasn't served on this flight). PJs were a nice touch, but I got mine 1 size too big. SIAMegatop was partially right, my wife seated at row 4A said the noise from the gallery was quite loud at times, no noise from the Y cabin even though we were only separated by a curtain.

The noise-cancelling headphones could be better, my ears ached after putting them on for an hour. And there was a persistent thud-thud noise so I switched to my good old earphones. The crew was outstanding, really on the ball. I only had to press the call button once throughout the flight as the crew was always somewhere around us serving food/drinks/newspapers/magazines..etc. Gave us 2 nice teddy bears too! The view of the alps WAS AMAZING. Perfect views from our seats.

Magic ended upon arrival (back to peasant life), overall a good suites experience.

Took the new A350 business class back to Singapore. Comparing to our suites experience, service was poorer but the new business class seats are impressive! I really don't see the point in flying first (unless on company's account) when the J product is already so good. SQ business lounge (Aspire lounge) in Amsterdam is sad, none of the bling and glamour you get in Changi but the service staff are nice and friendly (can't say the same for customs).
Old May 20, 2016, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Originally Posted by hazardous
Some quick updates/ reviews

So we made the flight, flew ZHR and returned from AMS.

TPR was a nice experience, but the silence was deafening! Food was great, we had the lobster, fish, and burger. Satay was a bit over-rated and my wife had a splinter stuck in her throat, can't blame the staff for that though. I ended up ordering 3 bowls of the almond longan dessert which was really good. Service was attentive, had a nice shower before flight.

Boarding was excellent. Shown to our seats/ cabins(?) personally. Had a nice welcome champagne. They served caviar with lobsters, which was unexpected (I read caviar wasn't served on this flight). PJs were a nice touch, but I got mine 1 size too big. SIAMegatop was partially right, my wife seated at row 4A said the noise from the gallery was quite loud at times, no noise from the Y cabin even though we were only separated by a curtain.

The noise-cancelling headphones could be better, my ears ached after putting them on for an hour. And there was a persistent thud-thud noise so I switched to my good old earphones. The crew was outstanding, really on the ball. I only had to press the call button once throughout the flight as the crew was always somewhere around us serving food/drinks/newspapers/magazines..etc. Gave us 2 nice teddy bears too! The view of the alps WAS AMAZING. Perfect views from our seats.

Magic ended upon arrival (back to peasant life), overall a good suites experience.

Took the new A350 business class back to Singapore. Comparing to our suites experience, service was poorer but the new business class seats are impressive! I really don't see the point in flying first (unless on company's account) when the J product is already so good. SQ business lounge (Aspire lounge) in Amsterdam is sad, none of the bling and glamour you get in Changi but the service staff are nice and friendly (can't say the same for customs).
I hope your spouse was ok
That pretty much sums up what I feel about SQ; great service in the air; disappointing service on the ground. Since SQ service is so impressive in the premium classes; I have had many J flights with better service than in Suites(and those were great). So much more impressive when I booked few fares ex-LHR to Singapore for 2k GBP each in the sale. On the A350 service out of AMS I was impressed by the product; and may consider flying them over the one stop AF service. But Singapore immigration is quite friendly indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.