Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Credit card expires earlier than award flight departs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years

Here is the situation: want to book award flight which is 300 days away. My credit card expires in Nov this year.

If I want to change/cancel the flight after the credit card expiration and I am not getting replacement card, how refund/additional fee charging will be resolved?

Has anybody been in the similar situation - like you made award booking with a card, lost/canceled the card and then canceled the flight - did you have problem refund your money to different card?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
I don't think you'll have a problem. If the account is still open, but with a different card number (because, say, the card was stolen and the bank sent you a replacement), I believe that credits still go through to the account at least for a few weeks after the account number change. The same may also be true for a closed account.

What you really want to know is whether SQ would agree to issue your refund to a different card than the one used originally. I don't know the answer to that, but this is probably a request they receive pretty often so I would imagine that they have some way of dealing with it.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by snic
What you really want to know is whether SQ would agree to issue your refund to a different card than the one used originally. I don't know the answer to that, but this is probably a request they receive pretty often so I would imagine that they have some way of dealing with it.
Merchants - including SQ - will only refund to the original credit card. If it has been cancelled you will need to ask your credit card company to transfer the refund to another account with that credit card company (if you still have one) or if you don't to cash out the credit by cheque or electronic transfer to your bank account.

If the card has expired, that will depend on your credit card company's internal policy as to whether the credit will automatically be applied to your new account, or whether you have to call in to ask for it to be manually transferred.

If you need to pay additional fees you will always be asked again for your credit card number, and you can provide them with a new credit card number if you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.