Original Poster

SQ Award Help - LAX-NRT-SIN-MLE

Last edited by beastieb; Feb 14, 2017 at 11:25 am
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by beastieb
Any input ? Is there any more information someone needs to assist?
Thanks!
Have you tried calling?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by calguy77
Have you tried calling?
I did call but the person I spoke with did not seem to knowledgeable on what I was trying to explain. They said I could wait list and get the discount because of the difficult multi class booking if I had to book over phone but they just seemed confused about everything. So I wanted to see if anyone here had any input.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
When the agent seems confused always hang up and call again. The next agent may know more.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by beastieb
I did call but the person I spoke with did not seem to knowledgeable on what I was trying to explain. They said I could wait list and get the discount because of the difficult multi class booking if I had to book over phone but they just seemed confused about everything. So I wanted to see if anyone here had any input.
Not to call you out but it seems you're not getting responses because you are looking for people on this board to do the work for you and tell you what you need to do. If you did the homework yourself and give more details you might draw more responses.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:04 pm

I am in the same situation as you. I have a few posts trying to figure it out. Nobody here will flat out say anything is concrete. Basically if you are willing to risk dumping all your points into Krisflyer then there is a slim chance. Monitor the waitlist thread, some people apply a year out and never get cleared. Some people apply and get cleared in a week.

The toughest scenario is trying to save up points and then redeem on a fixed date to a fixed destination, even a year out. Anniversaries, Honeymoons and other special events don't seem to be successful. Bloggers are successful because they fly non specific days and use paid tools like expertflyer. This guy named Lucky booked a trip for two and took him months of watching status daily and a few free itinerary changes(elite status) to make it happen.

I think I am just going to cash out my points and use them towards paid flights.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:53 pm

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....eatest-awards/

You don't have to read the blog post since its a big advertisement, but read the comments section. Award flights ex-us are unicorns. I checked myself and sure enough I could find saver awards on return flights ex-asia but getting there is the problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.