Wiki Posts
Search

Non resident SQ KF credit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer,QPPS01
Non resident SQ KF credit card

Hey guys, I am a non resident and do not have a tax return in Singapore.

Currently looking into options for a non resident CC. I spend alot of time in SG and would be ideal to have a local CC.

Currently I am pursuing international banks such as ANZ who have a presence in my home country of AU to see if this can be achieved.

Does anyone have any light they can share on this ?

kind regards
Token01
Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Au credit card for Krisflyer

* Citibank
* ANZ via their ANZ Rewards but the redemption rates are skimpy - you get a better deal by transferring to Velocity during one of their "plus15%" deals and then transferring to KF even with the 1.333 discount
* American Express Membership Rewards
Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

cheers for the reply.

Looking For a Singapore issued credit card for a foreigner.

Aus issued cards I am fine.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by token01
I think it would be really difficult to find a bank willing to issue a card to a tourist (which essentially you seem to be), not just in Singapore but anywhere else in the world.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

cheers for the reply.

AMEX has options here in AU getting a US issued card.

thought there might be a way.

Im happy to incorporate In singapore a company to move income if required.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 12:14 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Tough to get a credit card as non-resident. You could start an HSBC Premier relationship in AU and ask for assistance with SQ account and credit card. You don't have to start a company for that. HSBC Premier points can be transferred to SQ KF, but at poor ratio... possible, but a lot of effort to get KF points...
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:36 pm

Try Citibank International Personal Banking in your home country...
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:20 am

Programs: NH-SFC, SQ, UA, JL- JGC/Sapphire, AA, DL, IHG-Gold, SPG-Gold, Marriott-gold
Opening DBS bank account required EP (Employment Pass) in my case,
so it seems tough for non-resident.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by token01
cheers for the reply.

It is absolutely impossible unless you have an employment pass. Even if you're a visitor with lots of money, you can't open a bank account unless you have a residential address in Singapore.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Even if you're a visitor with lots of money, you can't open a bank account unless you have a residential address in Singapore.
Absolutely untrue.

You can open a bank account in Singapore without a Singapore residential address ( except for US persons - citizens or greencard holders, in which case some local banks would not open an account due to FATCA regulations)
Old Nov 22, 2015, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
It is absolutely impossible unless you have an employment pass. Even if you're a visitor with lots of money, you can't open a bank account unless you have a residential address in Singapore.
Yeah, this really is very, very incorrect.

The best answer has already been given - Citi IPB / Citigold / Private Client. Easiest with the last of the three.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, AZ Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Absolutely untrue.

You can open a bank account in Singapore without a Singapore residential address ( except for US persons - citizens or greencard holders, in which case some local banks would not open an account due to FATCA regulations)
US citizens can open a bank account with DBS without an EP, PR, LTVP, STP, etc. I know because I just did it in April.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Singapore_Airlines
US citizens can open a bank account with DBS without an EP, PR, LTVP, STP, etc. I know because I just did it in April.
I did say "some" local banks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.