Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do I book Premium Economy online?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Question How do I book Premium Economy online?

This is likely the silliest question I've asked in my years on FT, but... how on earth do I book Premium Economy on singaporeair.com?

I'm trying to book a simple SYD-SIN return in mid-November, and I gather PE should be available on SQ221/222 (A380) and SQ231/232 (773ER). But if I do a "Economy/Premium Economy" search from the front page, all I get is economy fares in various fare buckets. If I book through the "Sydney-Singapore PE special offer" search linked from the main page, I at least get "Cabin class: Premium Economy", but the fares seems to be economy-only and selecting any flights (eg. A380 both ways) gets me "Your desired cabin class is not available for some of the selected flight(s)." What am I missing here?

(...and yes, I'm aware the verdict on SQ PE is mixed, but it's hard to make any decisions when I can't even see the fares )
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
What I find interesting is when I search Sydney>Siem Reap (which I was researching yesterday to book), I got some PE options but if I search Syd>SIN, no PE options.

That's messed up.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Apparently nobody else can figure this out either? I really don't get what SQ is trying to do here. The whole launch seems pretty haphazard, with SQ not even able to decide how much it costs to upgrade to/from PE.

Oh well, I gave up, booked in flexi Y, and burned some miles to get biz for the red-eye flight back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.