Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I/Should I combine PNRs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Can I/Should I combine PNRs

I couldn't book one award flight to get from SFO to AKL (error said I couldn't backtrack) so I have SFO-HKG-SIN, arrive on Nov 18, and SIN-AKL leaving Nov 19. About 24 hours layover. Can I/should I combine the PNRs in case there are issues with the first flight?

A second question. I get there at about 6 pm. Should I stay at the IC airport and go explore in the morning? Or, should I go to a CD hotel?

Thanks!!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:37 pm

I don't believe there is any way to combine two PNRs into one. You can split the but can't combine them.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
If you want to make the most of your time I would go into the city. You could be checking into a hotel by 7pm
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, appreciate the info.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: SPG, A3, SQ, AA, AV, QT, VA, LH, EK
All they can do is put notes in the PNRs referencing the other.. though I question whether that really means/does anything.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Take a cab, book a room at MBS, have dinner at Esplanade and watch the light show, you have plenty of time!

Don't waste it at the airport hotel!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
The term is cross referencing and yes SQ can do it, they did it for me and so did CX.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
But its really pointless to cross reference the flights as there's such a long layover. SQ will accomodate you irrespective of what happens to your inbound flight.

Take a hotel in the city. The Crowne Plaza is overrated, overprized and is not that great to spend hours in!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
But its really pointless to cross reference the flights as there's such a long layover. SQ will accomodate you irrespective of what happens to your inbound flight.

Take a hotel in the city. The Crowne Plaza is overrated, overprized and is not that great to spend hours in!
I agree about the CP at Changi, we stayed there twice but due to a tight over night connection and when the hotel was brand new.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I agree about the CP at Changi, we stayed there twice but due to a tight over night connection and when the hotel was brand new.
I've stayed there once .. and was enough. The rooms aren't even that soundproof ! You can hear the aircrafts taking off ... as the noise comes in through the door cracks..!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus, SQ KrisFlyer, BA Avios, SPG Gold, Priority Club, Platinum Card
I also have two separate PNRs. My question is the checked baggage. I am assuming that I will need to pick up my baggage from PNR#1 arriving in SIN and then recheck my bag the same day for PNR#2 outbound SIN.

Routing: (MLE-SIN)(SIN-SFO(Confirmed)/JFK(Waitlisted))
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mehtaa24
I also have two separate PNRs. My question is the checked baggage. I am assuming that I will need to pick up my baggage from PNR#1 arriving in SIN and then recheck my bag the same day for PNR#2 outbound SIN.

Routing: (MLE-SIN)(SIN-SFO(Confirmed)/JFK(Waitlisted))
Are you on SQ? Why would you pick up your bags if you are continuing on to SFO from SIN and connecting from MLE?
When you check in at MLE let them know what your final destination is and show them your second ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.